This page has found a new home

Seven Quick Takes (Volume 1)

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: Seven Quick Takes (Volume 1)

Friday, February 22, 2013

Seven Quick Takes (Volume 1)

Joining Jen for some quick takes!

-1-

I first started reading Conversion Diary about a year ago. I just love her writing and I cannot wait to get my hands on her book. I'll admit it. I'm a superfan.

Joining in my very first quick takes is momentous up in here!

-2-



I am pretty pumped to start using this bad boy more. The Nikon D3100. What a beaut'. It was a Valentine's Day gift from Will-Brez (the husbo) and ever since Day 2 of dSLR ownership, I have been tinkering on manual mode to get the lay of the land. Edible Perspective has been a great resource so far for this newbie/wannabe photographer. 





-3-

Speaking of photography (creative segue, T-Brez... said no one ever), here are some of our Nikon's first photographs featuring some sophisticated canine models.

Ace Brez
Daisy Brez
I wasn't kidding when I said sophisticated.
-4-

Lent update (no segue whatsoever). . . . We all know Lent is all about prayer, fasting, and almsgiving. This Lent has been trying in terms of the fasting part. I'm already craving a cheeseburger and it's only breakfast. It's like only craving Chick-fil-a on a Sunday.


In years past, we have usually focused more on attending daily mass or focused on prayer. So this is the first Lent I have "given something up" in a while. N.B. Will gave up all alcohol and I gave up the snooze button (i.e., sleep, one of my favorite activities in the whole world).

How many days left? ... Just kidding, I am one of those people who loves Lent. Sorry I'm not sorry.

-5-

"Tell them I'm classically trained." - Will Brez. "I won't lie on my first quick takes post, WILL!" - Me. (I told Will I was going to do a take all about what a wonderful cook he's been lately.) Well, Will has been tearing it up in the kitchen. While I work full time, between school, ROTC, and work, Will definitely is on the grind way more hours of the week than me. The problem is that he gets home a lot earlier than me three days a week, which means he best start dinner. He likes to tinker around with spices, ingredients, and recipes, which means that I get to blog his awesome recipes without having to cook them! More to come on that (obviously) so stay tuned.

We love food. 

-6-

I have to think of two more? You guys really make it look easy. I guess I will talk TV. Everyone loves DOWNTON ABBEY. We all knew IT was coming. I was very upset and thought IT was a meaningful twist in an otherwise slow episode. (Did anyone else think the first hour draaaggggeeeeddd?) Will was extremely angry that the writers didn't get more creative about IT. Something about it not being done with dignity. He is such an ar-teest. The Bachelor? It almost pains me to say I'm rooting for wedding dress girl. Will only likes her because her dad is a Major General and Will is a serious brown-noser. 

-7-

I need to get ready for work. Head back to Conversion Diary for more. But wait! Check out my first post before you do!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At February 22, 2013 at 12:06 PM , Blogger MinuteHand said...

I agree with Will Brez about IT on Downton. The twist was not meaningful or deserved and seemed cheap.

First comment of what will likely be the biggest blog ever and the start of a new career.

J.W.

 
At February 22, 2013 at 12:39 PM , Blogger Theresa Breslin said...

Oh, I don't know. I don't think you need to over-dramatize an event to make it meaningful. It was more realistic the way it was done.

And thanks for this first comment. I was pretty sad that your profile linked to an empty blog. I would definitely read your blog. But then my own wouldn't be the biggest blog anymore now would it? Gotta look out for number one.

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home