This page has found a new home

A Homecoming & an Easter Baptism

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: A Homecoming & an Easter Baptism

Thursday, April 24, 2014

A Homecoming & an Easter Baptism


These two. 

Will finally arrived home on Good Friday! It took a couple days' adjustment---I'd gotten pretty used to having our bed all to myself (wink wink)---but I'd say we found our groove. At one point, I was worried that I'd be a control freak when Will got back, worried that he needed to change William's diapers just so, bathe him just so, hold him just so. Right. Flash forward a few weeks and I was so ready to hand that baby off . . .  not a concern. Laughable even! And Will was feeling pretty awkward that he asked how I did everything anyway. Just a few days later and he's wrangling this squirmy, bucking babe with the best of them so I'd say we're good. The other night, Will handled bath time and bed time by himself and I was just up in here like, "SO MUCH TIME FOR ACTIVITIES!!!!" I did laundry.

It was a bit of a hectic Easter weekend, with Will's homecoming and the baptism. We had grandparents and godparents in town for the blessed event. The baptism went off without a hitch. We got mad props from Sister Carolyn for our response to "What do you ask of God's church for William?"*, an old man complimented little Will's dress, and the baby did not cry nor puke on Father Jim or in the baptismal font. 

He is risen indeed.



A little glimpse of Friar William's receding hairline.





Now go ahead and try to tell me the dress is not ideal.

*I had to text Will because I couldn't remember his response. His text: "Welcome him into the church, celebrate his new life in Christ, and educate him in his faith. Holla back." Don't think he said that last part in front of the whole parish, but feeling particularly humbled that God let us become parents. 

Holla back.

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At April 24, 2014 at 7:11 PM , Blogger Janine @ This Little Piggy Stayed Home said...

he is rocking that dress!

 
At April 25, 2014 at 1:17 AM , Blogger Sole Searching Mama said...

Baptism pics/stories always create a flood in my eyes. Thank you for sharing these, they are so AWESOME!! The photo of your priest holding William up, presenting him to the congregation, made me cheer!! Happy Easter and happy baptism!!

 
At April 25, 2014 at 7:08 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Woohoo! I'll say a prayer that your guys' time of transition keeps going well! I have to admit, I was anti-dress, even on the baby prince, but Will might be single-dressedly changing my mind!

 
At April 25, 2014 at 11:27 AM , Blogger Theresa Breslin said...

Thanks! It helps that it's a really beautiful church!

 
At April 25, 2014 at 11:27 AM , Blogger Theresa Breslin said...

Right?!!?

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home