This page has found a new home

One Down, One to Go

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: One Down, One to Go

Monday, March 17, 2014

One Down, One to Go

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! One of the reasons I love blogging is that I can easily click back and look at what we did last year for St. Paddy's. I was enjoying the phenomenal Florida weather with an Irish brunch among good friends, including an adult beverage or two on the water. This year, I'm sipping coffee from my Dublin Starbucks mug with nervous wonder regarding whether my 5 week old will stay asleep during his morning nap. (Edit: He will not. So now he's currently asleep on my person, my coffee is all gone, and I would give anything for someone to go fetch me another cup!)

Not complaining. Just need more coffee.

What a difference a year makes, eh?

Will has been away at JAG School now for a month. One month down, one to go. It went by fast, but it still feels like another month is a long time. We've been doing a lot of this:



Ugh. No bueno. 

But last weekend, he rented a car, drove 9 hours to come see us, just to stay for a day and a half, and then drove 9 hours back to Alabama. My hero! The baby happened to wake up to eat at 1:00 AM just minutes before Will arrived like he knew he was coming and wanted to hang out. It was awesome.

Daisy was also pretty excited.

The next morning, Will gave baby Will his first bottle! I was so nervous about this. I researched how much milk I needed to pump, and discovered he should take around 3 ounces, so I pumped 3.5. That fatty sucked down the 3.5 and was still hungry! He ended up taking 5.5 ounces! No wonder he's growing like a weed!

If you look carefully, both dogs' noses are in this photo.
Creepers.

My dad happened to be in town that weekend, too, so it was fun to have all of us together. We ate many a steak because that's how Billy Nolan does it.

William, William, and William.

My dad was hilarious with the baby. I think I've mentioned it before on the blog, but my dad is a 10th child in a family of 11 kids. In typical 10th child fashion, he would shout or clap loudly at the baby to pacify him. Not your typical soothing techniques, but dangit, they worked! You can tell he learned from the best. 


My dad left on Tuesday and ever since, we've been left to our own devices. And as they say, when the cat's away, mom will dress up her baby and take a million photos of him! (I think that's how the saying goes.)



What's the over-under on whether I have a serious problem?



It appears I'm not the only one . . . I thought I had a cute photo shoot idea showing some baby skin, maybe a nip slip or two (!!), but I didn't take into account sequins. Sequins always up the cute factor. You can't compete with that.

My niece, Molly:


Now run off and have a green beer for me! I'll be here snapping photos.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home