This page has found a new home

One Month

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: One Month

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

One Month

Baby Will is one month old! I feel like it shouldn't really count because he was born in February. He should get a few more days until we have to call him a one month old. (He's really only four weeks.) Anyway, I shed a little tear when he turned one week and his cord stump fell off, so forgive me if this post seems a bit mushy. The hormones flowing around here are no joke. God definitely got something right when he formulated the chemicals swirling around in a mother after having a child. I loooove mah offspringggg! 

I've talked before about how much I'm loving motherhood and that hasn't changed one bit. Even when the baby's projectile vomited on me for the third time in a row, I've changed his outfit four times in the past hour, now the sheets are dirty with spit-up, and consequently the laundry is piling up up up.

Despite the constant hum-drumming of the washer and dryer, it's just so fun watching him grow and change. But it also makes me sad to see him get so big so fast. I send Will literally dozens of photos a day because I don't want him to miss any of it. The baby is starting to make eye contact a lot more, he's smiling (usually after meals and spitting up that very meal), and cooing and showing more emotion in general! Lucky for us, Will has weekends free at his TDY and plans on making a trip home to see us soon, because when Will left, the baby was about his birth weight, 7 lbs., 11 oz. Now, he's 9 lbs., 10 oz., and he's grown out of newborn diapers and clothes. Those are objective numbers indicating the change - so it's not just my crazy mom hormones. (Standing ovation please for vacuuming the whole house the other day with one arm while holding the baby in the other?)

And so to commemorate one month since my child's birth, allow me to bombard you with photos taken today. Hashtag mommy blogger. Get into it! (Big thank you to Lauren and Linus, who sent us these adorable duds!)





He went all Naomi Campbell on me.








It's so much fun capturing photos of him at this stage - how do I know when to stop?


Oh yeah, that's a good indicator.

Fin.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At March 5, 2014 at 4:39 PM , Blogger Daija said...

Wow. Has it seriously been a month?! I am loving these frequent posts btw.

 
At March 5, 2014 at 4:45 PM , Blogger Theresa Breslin said...

I know!! Blame it on the short month. But motherhood is such a wealth of fun writing material.

 
At March 5, 2014 at 5:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is SO adorable! Feel free to blow up instagram all the time with pictures of him :) (And YOU of course!)

 
At March 6, 2014 at 3:53 PM , Blogger Kallah said...

SO CUTE

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home