This page has found a new home

Today, A Very Fat Tuesday

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: Today, A Very Fat Tuesday

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Today, A Very Fat Tuesday

It began well enough. Rise and shine! At midnight . . . and 2:47 AM . . . and 5:27 AM. We had a doctor's appointment scheduled for 7:50 AM to investigate some persistent diaper rash on the baby's behind, so we got dressed up in our finest.


And thennnnn getting out the door went a little something like this: 

I get everything into the car, including the diaper bag, my wallet and phone, and my freshly brewed coffee, and start it up because we're trapped in a polar vortex. (I know, I should be e-slapped for complaining about Florida weather for months!) I grab the baby and take him into the laundry room off the garage. I coax the dogs into said laundry room with precious milk bones. I hoist the baby in the infant carrier (yes, hoist! those things are too heavy!) into the garage only to realize 
the car door is locked 
.
.
.
all the doors are locked.
.
.
.
.
Did I mention the car was running? And more importantly, that my precious liquid energy was inside?

Today I am thankful for Google's free phone service, for Locksmiths, that the baby was not in the car, and for insulated travel mugs that keep your coffee hot after sitting for an hour waiting for a Locksmith to get to it because it's the only thing that will get your through the rest of your morning without throwing the most self-indulgent of pity parties and stress eating Breyer's cookies 'n' cream ice cream. What. It's Fat Tuesday.

We finally made it to the doctor in the afternoon where we found out that the baby's constant sharting (oh, yes, that's a link because I've blogged about it before - a whole post about poop - so deal with it) is giving him acid burns to his bottom. Ugh. 


The good news is that this chunker gained almost two pounds in two weeks and is currently 9 lbs., 10 oz. You breast believe it. 

And Lent begins tomorrow! Aside from giving up my husband, I've decided to attend at least one weekday mass with the baby and to get into a spiritually-enhancing fitness routine. Don't worry! You'll hear all about it along the way. ;)

Until then, you'll know where to find me. 

Happy Mardi Gras!

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At March 5, 2014 at 8:28 AM , Blogger Jeanne said...

Your little guy has already caught up in weight to my Augustine! :) Congrats!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home