This page has found a new home

Diapers, JAG School, & Running (7QT)

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: Diapers, JAG School, & Running (7QT)

Friday, March 28, 2014

Diapers, JAG School, & Running (7QT)

1. I never really expect to get a lot of page views when I link up with 7 Quick Takes because like a million people link up---because it's the best ever---and I myself only click a link for an ultrasound photo or a cute baby photo of which there are aplenty (I know I am fickle, you guys), BUT post a picture of yourself covered in puke and . . . you'll get a ton of clicks. Guaranteed. Brez Blog goes viral!

No, no one really commented, or subscribed, or wanted to become my friend, but if alls you want is some page views, I share this info with you! 

Here's another bathroom selfie, sans spit up, for good measure:


He loves it.

2. A recent conversation between my husband, who is at JAG School, immersed in continued legal education, and myself, immersed in---ehh---other things:

Me: Oh my gosh, did you get that picture I sent with me covered in puke?
Will: Yeah. Hilarious! So I have this issue for my final trial. Do you think under the Federal Rules of Evidence, I could get in this toxicity report that concludes the accused was likely to have been intoxicated?
Me: Wouldn't it be hearsay? Or maybe speculative? . . . Did I mention Will had a HUGE poop in the bathtub tonight?
Will: Um, yes. What did you think about my sentencing argument? Should I plan on discussing the toxicity report or do you think it will be excluded? 
Me: I don't know, but Will just had the biggest fart, oh my gosh! The biggest fart of his life!
Will: Every fart is the biggest fart of his life.
Me: True.

Two lives diverging. Come home, Will! Not that I'll be able to help you with your specific legal questions, but I will throw some legal jargon at the wall to see what sticks. You never know, it could inspire you and save your mock client from mock prison.

3. Related, yet unrelated: Will loves bath time. Pre-bath dance sesh:
"Too much booty in the pants."

4. I posted the cloth diapering post and I'm already getting some great feedback.


People assure me that a spray plus a rinse is not necessary, making the routine even easier. I already knew this in my heart of hearts, but I'll try it out tomorrow and see how it goes. I've also had two whole friends (hi, Elisabeth and Daija) text me that they are TOTES MCGOATS gonna do cloth when they have bebes (soon, please, both of you) and that gives me warm environmentally-friendly fuzzies. Little Will, in an effort to save me more money and not make a liar out of me, obviously, has pooped through like 57 diapers so far today. All in all, I'll go take my e-victory lap for a blog post well done.

5. I want my blog-friends to know that their blog-solicited advice is not given in vain. I went ahead and ordered this baptismal gown for little Will's baptism that will be on Easter Sunday in front of the whole parish. Closed eyes, head first, can't lose!

Yay, boys in dresses!
Now I just need to see about finding myself a dazzling British hat.

6. Marathon training is underway, if not "officially" until Easter week. Today, of course not really wanting to run, sleep deprivation and all, I went out and ran 3 miles in less than 30 minutes! I'm feeling motivated.


7. Aaaand I discovered today, when going to put in my contact lenses, that I don't have any contact lenses. So I was cruisin' around base in my coke bottles.

Sup.
And I will be doing so for the indefinite future. 

Have a happy weekend.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At March 28, 2014 at 8:26 PM , Blogger Erika said...

Omg that selfie cracks me up!! You guys are too cute :) I was thoroughly impressed by your cloth diaper post, and almost swayed by how dang adorable they are, but never, never could I do cloth. And I had to smile about the baptismal gown: Stephen's mom wanted to make one for our little guy out of her wedding gown and Stephen put his foot down on the premise that never, ever would his son wear a dress...I was slightly disappointed but didn't push it :)

 
At March 28, 2014 at 9:07 PM , Blogger Janine @ This Little Piggy Stayed Home said...

He is getting so big and so chunky and unbelievably adorable. You're doing something right!!!

 
At March 28, 2014 at 10:49 PM , Blogger Eliese said...

I literally laughed out loud at the conversation with your husband... especially the fart comment. My husband is in academia and our conversations are pretty much the same (substitute stuff about Latin or Greek for the legal stuff). But always with the poop. And the farts.

 
At March 29, 2014 at 9:26 AM , Blogger Theresa Breslin said...

Haha, thanks! I can't believe how big he's getting. It's freaking me out and hurting my back at the same time.

 
At March 29, 2014 at 9:28 AM , Blogger Theresa Breslin said...

HAHAHA. Yes, ALWAYS with the poop. And the farts. I should be able to help my husband out. I graduated law school a year ahead of him and have a little more legal experience under my belt, but--ahh--these noises coming out of our child are so distracting.

 
At March 29, 2014 at 3:11 PM , Blogger Eliese said...

I have two boys with another one on the way so I can assure you that the frequency with which bodily functions is discussed has increased, not decreased with the lessening novelty of parenthood. ;) Sometimes I have to remember to check myself before speaking when in the company of other adults.

 
At March 29, 2014 at 3:41 PM , Anonymous Heidi said...

Found you via 7QT...your baby is ADORABLE!! :) Also, if you put a piece of scrap cloth with some essential oil on it (I use Eucalyptus) in the diaper wet bag or pail or whatever you use, it almost totally gets rid of the smell. My life could have been a LOT better smelling for the last 18 months.

 
At March 30, 2014 at 8:48 PM , Blogger Theresa Breslin said...

When I start using a wet bag i will remember that! I'm sure it will be soon... I swear he's getting stinkier as time goes on. (Congrats on another baby boy, btw!!)

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home