This page has found a new home

I Survived!

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: I Survived!

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

I Survived!

Remember those t-shirts in middle school that said "I survived . . . [enter embarrassing event here]"? Did you survive Splash Mountain? Jurassic Park, maybe? Sometimes things got pretty serious and read things like "Hurricane Andrew" or "Snakehead Fish." Go ahead pretending you don't know what I'm talking about, but I know you sported one in middle school. 

Well.

I survived this:


With two dogs and a baby. (Wooo, she crazy!)

We watched the USA soccer game Thursday afternoon (talk about mixed emotions), packed up the car, and drove through the night to Maryland. 

Complete with USA power braid.

We arrived at our destination 5:30am on Friday. It actually wasn't so bad. Once it was dark, all the needy creatures slept and it was quite the enjoyable drive until Will decided he wanted to listen to the 90's heavy metal/alternative Pandora station. My ears are still ringing. However, upon arrival, we finally met our adorable niece, Molly, and took a solid 3 hour nap. So basically we got a full night's sleep anyway. 

Wink.

The cuteness of #babyville has been heavily documented on Instagram, so fret not. 

Will is def in the same t-shirt as the photo above leaving our neighborhood. We aren't messing around.

On Sunday, we ditched our canines and packed things up yet again, this time headed to the oasis that is Ocean City, Maryland.


I credit my old law school friend, Justin, with this gem of a haiku: 

The cases of beer
Have been replaced by diapers
Late 20s beach day

I'm off now to Sunsations to get my new t-shirt made. "I survived a 14 hour drive with a baby and two dogs" on the front. Sweet haiku on the back. 

USA flags on the sleeves.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At July 2, 2014 at 9:17 AM , Blogger Daija said...

Haha. Love the poem. Confession: I had one of those shirts that said "I survived ice storm '98." Look it up. Big deal in Maine. :-D

 
At July 2, 2014 at 9:48 AM , Blogger Theresa Breslin said...

See! Caught ya red-handed!

 
At July 11, 2014 at 10:53 AM , Blogger Kallah said...

Jonesing for a power braid

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home