This page has found a new home

Lazy Sunday

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: Lazy Sunday

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Lazy Sunday

And just like that we are back in the 'burbs of St. Louie. Riding dirty on these Midwest streets overflowing with courteous drivers

Our Maryland trip was just your average Wednesday-Saturday jaunt to introduce little Will to my 'hood. He was very well received. In fact, I think he was held for 80 hours straight. Everyone commented that he was such a content, relaxed baby and complimented me on my "laidback" mothering skills (which is hilariousss because you know it's more along the lines of I freaked out too hard for too long that I'm too exhausted and I've given up helicoptering). He rarely cried and was basically just his cool, happy, drooly, diaper bombing self.

Very illustrative of the temperament I am referring to.

However, he was strangely intimidating again once we stepped foot inside the airport. 

Crazy eyes right here.

Is he intent on scaring away any chance at light conversation when I've done the worst thing imaginable in forgetting my Kindle during air travel? Notwithstanding, I was still able to make friends with a soon-to-be first-time mom at our gate. Not friends enough to actually sit with us on board the plane, but enough to chit-chat about traveling with babies. 

Progress.

I am so glad we came home on a Saturday and had today to unwind with Will before he heads into his work week. Will even let me sleep in this morning. 

Sidebar: Sleeping in was the one thing I "wanted to do" for Mother's Day. Of course, little Will caught wind of my devious plan and decided to spit up allllll over our bed, so I was doing laundry before 7AM instead. That's motherhood for ya. 

Anyway, I came down from a two hour nap to this scene . . . 


There was even coffee already brewed. Will was shout-whispering something about his bladder exploding, but really it was the best.

The rest of the day proceeded as usual. We've been in the habit of hitting up brunch after Sunday Mass lately. It's really our only chance to go out to eat together. And I will go hard on some brunch. Love love love me some brunch. Our weekly brunching is kind of like a "date night" you'll hear some fancy married couples talk about but way cheaper with, like, way way less effort. 

When we got home, I returned the favor and manned the needy creatures while Will got a post-brunch-food-coma siesta. Little Will was not impressed: 


I mean really, we just got home and you're not going to play with us? He even put on this fancy hat. "Why won't you dance with us? Is it because we have tiny mouths?" 


All in all, it was a really fun trip, but there's just no place like home and it's good to be back.

Ahhh. That's the sound of me melting into my bed.

Have a splendid week.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At May 19, 2014 at 10:37 AM , Blogger Janine @ This Little Piggy Stayed Home said...

oh my gosh that hat is too much! Glad your trip went so well. I was pretty sure I was going to avoid air travel through all of my mothering years but you make it sound so easy!

 
At May 20, 2014 at 7:09 PM , Anonymous Emily said...

Brunch = BOSS. If I could eat brunch foods all day every day, I would.

 
At May 20, 2014 at 7:23 PM , Blogger Theresa Breslin said...

Funny you mention that because.... breakfast for dinner tonight.

Yup.

 
At May 20, 2014 at 7:24 PM , Blogger Theresa Breslin said...

It's exhausting but worth it! Gotta take advantage of free lap baby flights while we can!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home