This page has found a new home

I'm in Maryland! (7QT)

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: I'm in Maryland! (7QT)

Friday, May 16, 2014

I'm in Maryland! (7QT)

1. First of all, WELCOME to everyone who just started following thanks to Kate's big shout out over at The Rhodes Log. I told her I got an email from Bloglovin' shortly after her post went live telling me I was "Amazing!" for reaching 20 followers. I thought something was up because I'd been cruising at 18 for so long. So so long.

Proof that I've made it to the big leagues, that's all.

(Obviously I shared that ditty right onto Facebook.) Anyway, glad to have you here! Leave a comment and introduce yourself so I can send you long-winded one-sided e-mail responses!!!

2. Little Will and I are also out of town visiting my parents. (Currently typing from the SLOWEST ancient desktop computer known to mankind and I have to upload photos from the Blogger app on my phone. So much for "quick" takes! Life at the g-parents'.) I love that trips home give our boys the opportunity to explore their feminine sides via hand-me-downs.


I'd say they both are owning it.

3. The flight here was pretty smooth. No pre-boarding blowouts. Minimal spitting up. No sleeping, but no fussing either. Solid A- performance. At our gate, there was another mom with a baby girl about the same age as Will pacing the terminal in an effort to soothe her baby to sleep in her infant carrier. I zoned in on her real hard. I mean, two first-time moms with small infants navigating the check-ins and the security lines and the boarding zones. We were destined to be instant friends and our babies would naturally hit it off and become baby boyfriend and girlfriend. Before boarding, I gave her a big smile and shouted, "Hi!!" hoping that we could start up a convo and sit together to chat about sleep and poop and diapers ("these are a few of my favorite things!") and, and, and, alas, I got TOTALLY REJECTED. I got a quick glance and she kept right walk/bouncing. You guys, I even waved. It was very disheartening. When I got on board, I snapped a photo to send to the parents a la "Here we come!!!!" and realized Will's face was


intimidation. No wonder fellow mom was afraid of us.

4. So it's just me and the little guy here in Maryland. Will stayed on the home front to save his vacation days for our big yearly July 4 trip. As always, we try and capture photos to send to him so that he doesn't feel left out (or feels extra left out, either/or).



Grandma really nailed it.

Framers, all framers.

5. I haven't gotten around to posting a marathon training update (lucky you, eh? ehhh?), but things are going smooth. My long runs are up to 8 miles and ..... drumroll..... we recently bought a treadmill! Part of my Mother's Day (slash Anniversary, slash birthday, slash Christmas, slash every holiday ever for the rest of the year) gift was Will agreeing to the purchase, and thereafter spending the hours of frustration, sweat, and beer consumption assembling it Monday night after work. He's a keeper.

I no longer have any excuses to skip training runs. Except, um, for when I'm out of town.

6.  If I were a good blogger, good at putting together the words, I would write good posts like this. Jenny has a way with words and sums up a lot of my own thoughts on NFP, and even points to why I'll continue to smile and wave to the other moms at the airport even if my kid is radiating the stink-eye (in addition to radiating that other, more literal kind of stink). But in the meantime, I don't write real good on such lofty topics, at least ones not involving minutiae of Florida contract law, so I'll just keep talking about poop. Mkay.

7. Finally, I had every intention of bringing my Kindle on this trip so that I could devour Something Other than God while my mom hogged Will all to herself all day, but in my hurry to pack for the airport, I forgot it! Huge disappointment. Know that I feel really left out.

Linking up with Jen, natch.

Labels: , ,

17 Comments:

At May 16, 2014 at 2:00 PM , Blogger RestlessCatholicGirl said...

Hi!!! I'm a new follower via the Rhodes log. My name is Agnes and I'm looking forward to following you on your journey ;-) My Bloglovin has exactly 20 followers as well haha so we have something in common!

 
At May 16, 2014 at 4:35 PM , Blogger Janine @ This Little Piggy Stayed Home said...

I would be happy to orally dictate SOTG for you if you want to make the long distance call to Canada. I'll even do voices.

 
At May 16, 2014 at 5:55 PM , Blogger Bonnie said...

Hi, nice to meet you! I"m Bonnie and I'm one of your new followers. I blog at a Knotted Life and I'm so glad I clicked over. :)

 
At May 16, 2014 at 7:28 PM , Blogger Christy from fountains of home said...

I missed Kate's post, but I'm glad she mentioned you!
I can't believe how big he's getting! And I'm glad he flew so well for you. And new glasses?

 
At May 16, 2014 at 7:31 PM , Blogger Victoria said...

Hello, Theresa! I'm Victoria and I've actually been reading your blog for about a year. You seem super fun and spunky, and I'm really happy for your hitting the "amazing!" 20-follower mark--congratulations! I feel creepy commenting when I don't have a blog of my own (my life's too boring, really). Anyway, congratulations again for the new followers--that's awesome!

 
At May 16, 2014 at 9:43 PM , Blogger Theresa Breslin said...

Welcome to the party! (And good luck with pharm school finals!!)

 
At May 16, 2014 at 9:46 PM , Blogger Theresa Breslin said...

If this computer wasn't so ancient (and lacking a camera, obvi) I would skype you right on in to read to the whole fam!

 
At May 16, 2014 at 10:37 PM , Blogger Mary Helen said...

Hey! I'm so glad I just found your blog because your little guy is too darn cute! We're about to take our 6 month old on her first flight tomorrow so hopefully she does as well as him. I'm also super impressed with your marathon training. I'm not quiet up for it again yet. But you're inspiring me to want to try again.

 
At May 17, 2014 at 1:56 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi! I'm one of your new bloglovin' followers! Your baby boy is absolutely precious. I am also super-impressed at your marathon training.. I ran the Disney marathon a few years ago (with Mary Helen a few comments up!) and it was hard enough for me sans baby! Looking forward to following along!

 
At May 17, 2014 at 9:08 PM , Blogger kayyay87 said...

Im in Maryland too! ENJOY!!

 
At May 18, 2014 at 3:50 PM , Blogger Theresa Breslin said...

As far as marathons go, the first is the WORST. It took running a second to realize that. Way more shock to the body! After number 2 I was hooked ;) I hope birthing children is the same way, but I have serious doubts. Glad to have you here!

 
At May 18, 2014 at 3:51 PM , Blogger Theresa Breslin said...

Wooo! I'm actually already back.... but had I known I totally would have tried to meet up to meet those munchkins of yours! Enjoy some crabbies and family time!

 
At May 19, 2014 at 9:43 AM , Blogger Lily said...

Hi! I'm Lily, a new follower via Kate! Your baby boy is adorable and I am mucho impressed with your marathon training! You go mama!

 
At May 20, 2014 at 3:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Theresa,

I'm one of your new followers via the Rhodes Log. When I clicked through to your blog, my husband was in the room and I was like, "Hey honey- this girl has a Baby Will too! And she cloth diapers too! And she's marathon training too! And she's from Maryland too! And her husband is a lawyer too!" He thought perhaps I should cool it and not give off a creepy internet stalker vibe but I told him it's fine. :)

So glad you find your blog!

 
At May 20, 2014 at 3:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, "TO" find your blog.

 
At May 31, 2014 at 11:46 PM , Blogger Mel Dawn said...

maryland and dc moving companieswere the best choice for me. They arrived on time, their truck was clean, they carefully moved all my valuables to my new home.

 
At June 24, 2014 at 3:35 PM , Blogger Lindsay said...

Hi! I just found your blog, because I just found Kate's blog, because I am waaaay behind the cool kids in my blog reading, obviously. But I'm happy to have found you! I'm a Catholic mom and lawyer, and am married to a lawyer, too. And I have a dog. And I think we use the same kind of cloth diapers. So obviously I think you have made excellent life choices. And your baby is adorable.

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home