This page has found a new home

OCMD

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: OCMD

Monday, July 15, 2013

OCMD

Last time I updated the blog, I was but a young, freshfaced twenty-five year old. Now that I am a year older, and that much wiser, the content of this blog will be taken to a whole new level.

Like really short vacation recaps.
 
I rang in the big 2-6 how most do: by celebrating the nuptials of my eighty-two year old grandmother and my brand-new step-grandpa. Keeping it real.
 
I know what you're thinking. Why would an eighty-two year old want to get married? Read the article (yes, a real life news article, we're so famous) here. Spoiler alert: She wanted to set a good example for her grandchildren! Well mission accomplished, grandma. Mission accomplished. 

 
My grandmother chose to have her wedding on July 1, when the whole family gathers in Ocean City, Maryland for our yearly family reunion. It was here in Ocean City where my grandmother met my grandfather (the original, though she did meet step-grandfather here also), and the family has come for July 4 every year ever since.
 
It's kind of chaos among crazy among a catastrophe. We're a very loud bunch.

Three games of cornhole and one game of KanJam.
 
I ditched my husband (who is still studying for the bar exam - 2 weeks left!!!) and made the trip up. Many many steamed crabs, Dumser's milkshakes, and Billy's cheesesteaks were had in his honor, to avenge his absence.
 
Every year we line up our beach chairs on 126th Street, our street (territorial much? yes), to watch the fireworks display. We sing America, the Beautiful, or, at least, the parts we know, the Star-Spangled Banner, and God Bless America. This year we threw in a Hail to the Redskins, just for kicks. Ravens fans tried to drown us out with some kind of song the Ravens sing that is non-specific to the Ravens, who knows---can't say they really have any traditions---well anyway, just as no one puts baby in a corner, no one drowns out a group of 60+ Nolans. It will not be tolerated!
 
 
And, yup, every year is a new t-shirt. We are the coolest fam evah.
 
 

1 Comments:

At July 16, 2013 at 11:52 AM , Blogger Daija said...

I love this post. Go grandma! Love knows no age! And your family looks like a lot of fun.

P.S. I am super jealous of those shirts.

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home