This page has found a new home

Repeat Bar Woes

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: Repeat Bar Woes

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Repeat Bar Woes

Memorial Day Weekend was our final hoorah before we set off into dreaded Bar Review Season. We spent that time wisely, doing mainly either one of two things: (1) being outside, enjoying the amazing weather, or (2) being inside, watching television. 

Being outside. No photo of being inside. Sorry.

We really watch too much TV. We finished Season 2 of Walking Dead (where, oh where, can we get Season 3?!!?!), watched all of Season 3 of Arrested Development (you know, to get "caught up"), and started the new season of Arrested Development on Netflix. (Unfortunately, I missed all twenty-five awkward intros on The Bachelorette premiere because of this! Including the infamous fantasy suite creep who—unbeknownst to me until after he was asked to leave—was my classmate at UM Law. Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.) 

It was the least we could do to rest our brains before bar review. Yes, "I said we!" (I know I make far too many SNL references to ever build any kind of readership. I'M OVER IT!)


Well, when I set about convincing Will to attend law school, I didn't consider having to re-live the bar study experience. The bar isn't until July 30-31. That's 2+ months I get to overhear all the same Kaplan bar review lectures (inevitably listened to at 1.5 speed - inherently annoying and yet the best part about studying from home) whenever I'm home. Hearing the sped up voice of my old nemesis, the Kaplan torts professor, affected my blood pressure so much more than anticipated, a visceral fear not even shielded by that $265 bill for bar dues that arrived today (a physical/financial reminder that I did, indeed, pass the bar exam last year). Just the sight of the books sends a shiver down my spine.

Daisy's, too.

Needless to say, I will be staying far, far away from our office over the next 2+ months. Also, the fact that this appeared on my Facebook newsfeed this morning only confirms my conviction:


Yup. That's exactly what Will will look like in about two days.

This may be a very long two months.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At May 29, 2013 at 3:24 PM , Blogger Kallah said...

love your bikini!

my brother Moses has been telling me abt Arrested Development.... hmmmm... I have zero self-control w tv shows that are available as entire seasons. Zero. So I'm nervous about getting into yet another addicting one. lol

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home