This page has found a new home

Boston Strong

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: Boston Strong

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Boston Strong

source

I can't blog about running without acknowledging Monday's tragedy at the Boston marathon. I have been utterly consumed by images, interviews, and accounts of the event. It's pretty unproductive, but I, like most people, just want answers. I know on a theoretical level, evil exists as the absence of the good, of God. But I just need some information, a motive, so I can wrap my head around what occurred. I can't stop asking, Why?

It is just so sad that an event intended to be a celebration of dedication and success was targeted like this. At first I thought what a shame for something so senseless to cast a dark shadow over the running community a negatively impact future races, but instead I see the running community, and the nation as a whole, come together to support Boston. It is inspiring. I've mentioned briefly before about offering up runs in prayer. From here on out, I will be praying and running for Boston every single training run. 

Boston Strong. 

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At April 19, 2013 at 11:39 AM , Blogger Big Momma D said...

That's my girl! Love you bunches! xoxoxo

 
At April 20, 2013 at 9:10 AM , Blogger Kallah said...

Love this.

I read an awesome article about how runner's are connected in the running community, and how Boston affected the author. Its beautiful - I'll put the link in my blogpost!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home