This page has found a new home

Training Update: Week 4

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: Training Update: Week 4

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Training Update: Week 4

Let's hammer out another training update, shall we? "Have you had enough? Or are you thirsty for more?" (Name that movie classic.)
  • 3.38 M - 32:52/9:44
  • 5 M - 43:58/8:48 (with Will!)
  • 4 M - 33:14/8:19 (TM @ 1% incline)
  • 6 M - 1:02:38/8:57 (TM @ 1% incline for first half)
Running Song that's Literally on Repeat: Hopeless Wanderer by Mumford & Sons

This was the first week I actually felt strong and fast during a run. It did not occur until Friday, but it occurred. I am still battling some heel pain, stemming from my arches, my calves, or both, but I took two days rest before the four-miler before taking to the treadmill instead of the pavement, and I think it helped. I'm keeping things RICE-y with icing and stretching (learned some new yoga poses thanks to my favorite lawyer-to-future-yoga instructor, E).
 
You find this all enthralling. You do.
 
My life would be so much better if I could just drag my butt out of bed and run in the mornings. But I can't. I need at least two cups of coffee before attempting anything remotely productive. I never want to run at night after work. There is maybe one day a week, after the drive home, changing my clothes, tending to the pups (who BOTH had the blow out of all blow outs yesterday!!!!), etc., where I really feel like running. Usually, I'd rather veg out on the couch.
 
It's worth it though. I have leg muscles again. My clothes are fitting better. And I gotta say, I am really encouraged by my progress over the past four weeks.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At April 10, 2013 at 7:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Note to self: get more Mumford & Sons.
Congrats on all the progress! I'm not a coffee drinker but I'm not at all productive in the mornings until I go to daily Mass. I'm also jealous of you living in Florida because it simply isn't warm enough in Colorado for me to run outside in the evenings yet, but it is oh. so. close!

 
At April 11, 2013 at 9:33 AM , Blogger Theresa Breslin said...

Amanda, if you don't have Babel, you must download it ASAP! I told Will I want to marry Marcus Mumford's voice and he agrees. They shall be brother husbands. I wish I wasn't so dependent on coffee, but I seriously thinks it makes my brain work correctly.

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home