This page has found a new home

Training Update: Weeks 2 & 3

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: Training Update: Weeks 2 & 3

Monday, April 1, 2013

Training Update: Weeks 2 & 3

I'm baaaaack, all you April fools! I had a very prayerful and happy holy week sans Brez Blog and I hope you did as well. Of course just after I resolved to stay off the blog for a week, two awesome bloggers, Kallah and Steph, linked to my page. Sorry for the dry spell in the wake of some bloggy-love, ya'll! I have approximately 3,458,347,761 photos to share from the past week so brace yourself for posts to come.
 
Now that Lent is over, Will can go enjoy the reason he runs:

He tucks in his shirt just like that.

B-double E-double R-U-N, beer runs! Maybe now he'll go on more long runs with me. We'll see.


Week 2
  • 3 M - 24:57/8:19
  • 4 M - 39:38/9:55 (2 M w/ Ace)
  • 3 M - 24:33/8:11
  • 5 M - 1:15:00/15:00 ?? (1.5 M w/ Ace, 1.2 M w/ Daisy. Lots of Walking. Fat Dogs.)
Week 3
  • 2 M (w/ both dogs)
  • 3 M - 24:19/8:06
  • 2 M - 22:31/11:15 (w/ both dogs)
  • 6 M - 54:18/9:03

I definitely didn't get the miles in that I wanted to during these past couple weeks, but that's okay. At least last week, the days I took off were for holy week services and/or travel. I can live with it.

I really need to get over my guilt about leaving the dogs inside when I run. If I'm outside, I feel like the dogs, as animals, should be outside too, but my runs are never as hard when I bring them. But I will say that running with both dogs can really be a core strengthening exercise. If you are wondering how, might I remind you of this photograph:

He be crazy.
I don't recommend it. I have officially two months left to train and I need to step it up, unless I want to eat Big Momma D's dust.

On a side note, my mom and cousin both just signed up for the Marine Corps Marathon. I have some serious #FOMO (fear of missing out) right now and I really want to run a marathon. September, maybe? Or am I as crazy as Ace in that photo above? April fooling myself? Time will tell.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At April 1, 2013 at 11:28 PM , Blogger Steph said...

you're training for a half and I'm sitting on my ass at 11:30pm eating a Reese's egg.

awesome. Ace's eyes are judging me right now in that photo.

 
At April 1, 2013 at 11:51 PM , Blogger Theresa Breslin said...

Heeeeck no, he just wants a bite of your Reece's. Like really bad. PS, I had fried chicken with lunch AND dinner today.

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home