This page has found a new home

Seven Quick Takes (Volume 4)

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: Seven Quick Takes (Volume 4)

Friday, March 15, 2013

Seven Quick Takes (Volume 4)

Joining Jen for some super super quick takes once again.

1. First, I apologize for how quick these takes are going to be. I have been SWAMPED at work. So many deadlines coming up in a short amount of time. I kind of embrace it, because I feel like I'm on the show Suits (making Louis Litt proud), but it's mostly as horrible as it sounds.

2. Pause for a huge gulp of Tribute Blend.

3. Last night I was the last person in the building at work. I always tease my co-worker friend who stays later than me most days that there is a ghost that roams the building late at night. Lo' and behold, I was plugging away when I started hearing a tapping sound to my left. It came out of nowhere! I dropped everything I was doing and ran out the door. I even called Will on my way out because I thought I might be abducted walking to the car. I guess I deserved that.

4. My photo was chosen as a finalist in the #WAALove competition! Pleaseeee go to the WideAngle Blog and vote for this photo of Ace Brez as an adorable pup:


I am forever grateful if you do, as it would be to win a super fancy camera to take pictures to share with you all on this blog!

5. Also, a huge thank you to In Honor of Design for sharing the deets! Even though this photo is about the most beautiful thing I've ever seen and I will never be able to measure up to it.

6. Half marathon training update: My mom, Diane, who comments on this blog as "Big Momma D" joined our virtual training program. She's been adding her runs to our Google doc and putting us to shame with her six, five, TEN mile runs. Yes, she's about to turn fifty my friends. After my four mile hike up a mountain, I was pretty sore. That, and being very busy at work means I only got one run in this week so far. I was pretty happy with my pace, but obviously my mileage does not compare to that of Big Momma D so I am going to have to log some miles this week.

7. As motivation, I like to offer up my runs in prayer. Does anyone else do this? I pray before I run, offer the run to someone (usually Anthony), and when I feel like stopping or slowing down, I think of them and push harder. This week's run was for Pope Francis and I clocked a very respectable 8:23/M pace. 

Sent this to Samantha.
It is a competition, after all.

I am so motivated by Pope Francis's humility, even in my fitness pursuits. The Holy Spirit works in mysterious ways, people.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At March 19, 2013 at 2:06 PM , Blogger Big Momma D said...

Your watch is almost as cute as Ace.
Almost.

 
At March 19, 2013 at 3:17 PM , Blogger Theresa Breslin said...

That pace is cuter than Ace. You know you're jealous, Big Momma D.

 
At March 20, 2013 at 2:05 PM , Blogger Big Momma D said...

There is no "like" button?

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home