This page has found a new home

Shots from Sunday: Conquering Camelback

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: Shots from Sunday: Conquering Camelback

Monday, March 11, 2013

Shots from Sunday: Conquering Camelback


Yesterday, we made the hike up 2,704 feet to the summit of Camelback Mountain in Phoenix, Arizona.

I had so much fun! 

I need to give a big thank you to my hostesses with the mostesses, Shannon and Brianne, for putting up with countless karate kid poses and far too many Bear Grylls impressions.

I began the day with the proper hydration: a medium Dunkin' coffee and a chocolate frosted doughnut. 

Fuel.


I snapped this photo twenty minutes into the hike when I thought, "Boy, this is steep!" 

Dumb.



I snapped this photo thirty minutes into the hike when I thought, "What a cool view!"

Wrong!



Here's a spot where it really was actually steep.

I think we were about "halfway there." Oh, every spot is halfway there? That makes sense.

Don't mind Mr. Shirtless Man over there, putting out the vibe.

Some standard calf-flexing.

After about an hour and ten minutes, we made it to the top!

So very worth it.




Downton Phoenix. (Oops. Freudian slip? Leaving it.)

My chipmunk bro! 

Always time for some WWA love.

Goldfish in its natural habitat.

Shannon and Brianne.

Me and my sister from the same mister!
Some hipster iPhone photos. Because we can!


And finally, Shannon got back at me for her FaceTime Screenshot by posting onto Instagram the worst photo of my backside ever taken.


Touche.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At November 25, 2013 at 1:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

#mybuttwashungry I'm dying. And like a creeper, reading through every word of every post because you make me lol. It's nap time, I can do what I want. But if I wake the baby with my laughter, I'm blaming you.

 
At November 25, 2013 at 2:07 PM , Blogger Theresa Breslin said...

Haha, I started a half marathon program promptly after seeing that photo! And no shame in reading some archives... I was super bummed when your old pregnancy pics wouldn't load for me when I was creepin!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home