This page has found a new home

Shots from Holy Week(ends)!

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: Shots from Holy Week(ends)!

Monday, April 1, 2013

Shots from Holy Week(ends)!

We spent Palm Sunday in Miami because Will had some meetings for school. I walk-jog-walked around campus with the pups one at a time (it was pretty hot out so they didn't last long). Afterward we went to World of Beer at Dadeland to meet up with some Miami friends.


Since it was Sunday, Will ordered some beer. This one was called the He'Brew Funky Jewbilation. (Can't make this stuff up, people.) The strangest beer ever. Fruity, smooth, and bitter all at the same time.



World of Beer had some dog treats, so Daisy thought she would show off with her one trick: THE SHAKE.

"Are you not entertained?!!!" - Daisy Maximus Meridius


We headed to Mass at our old parish, St. Augustine. We miss it there so much! It's always packed there. Such a great community. 

Afterward, we went to our favorite burger joint ever. Ever ever. Lokal Burger and Beer in Coconut Grove. Everything is local, organic, grass-fed, homemade, all that good crunchy hipster stuff. 

Our server told us Shane Battier (of the Miami Heat) closed down the place the night before. Just look at us. We are so trendy. 

Daisy did not stop growling at this fake dog or raiding the dog biscuits so she was put in time out. 

I just ran (slash walked slash jogged - whatever) five miles so I decided to splurge and order My Childhood Dream. It's a cheeseburger topped with a runny fried egg and a Krispy Kreme Doughnut in lieu of bun. Yes, my first Krispy since I did that which shall not be named


It was a little too sweet for me (wished I had a regular bun), but the fried egg was amazing. I may never eat another burger without a fried egg ever again. 


----------

This past weekend we headed up to Daytona Beach to spend Easter weekend with Will's parents. We headed out to Disappearing Island on the boat briefly on Saturday.

Now, there are Manatee signs everywhere down here, and in my six years of visiting Daytona, I have never, not once ever, seen a manatee.

NO, I still haven't seen a manatee. 

BUT! I saw this. I thought it was driftwood at first. Can you tell what it is?


It's a BOBCAT. A swimming bobcat.



Only fitting that there be a manatee crossing sign in the background.


And off it went on the other side. Unbelievable!


Ace is not impressed. Oh well.


When we got to the island I was so excited to see how Ace would react. It was his first time on the beach.


Neddy-bear don't care.

Not quite sure what this water thing was all about.

It was pretty hilarious watching the dogs play.


"Take it easy!" - Hurley







"Dithappearing Island ith tho much fun. Theriously."


"Do I have sand on my face?"

The dogs were so worn out after only an hour.





Hurley Brez.

To further flaunt my lack of manatee-sightings, we spotted some Dolphins on the way back!





I do not have a picture of us from Easter Sunday, but this will do.


Happy Easter!

3 Comments:

At April 2, 2013 at 10:08 AM , Blogger Kallah said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE NO FAMILY EASTER PICTURE.
EPIC FAIL.

haha jk.

I guess the bobcat swimming compensates. plus Ace's intro to water. love it.

 
At April 2, 2013 at 10:08 AM , Blogger Kallah said...

also I agree with Steph - the chicken foccaccia comment is unforgivable. I am preggas. C'mon.

dying slash salivating right now.

 
At April 11, 2013 at 10:12 AM , Blogger Steph said...

ok. the bobcat. what!? who knew bobcats swim? and now I'm worried about the dolphins you spotted. this post gave me major anxiety/giggles all at the same time. I <3 Ace.

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home