This page has found a new home

Anniversary Weekend

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: Anniversary Weekend

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Anniversary Weekend

Will and I are celebrating our third anniversary this week. We aren't 100% sure we will be stationed outside of Florida, but decided to check a couple boxes off the "before we leave Florida" list just to be safe: (1) De Leon Springs Pancake House and (2) the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Fat seven-year-olds at heart.

Let the magic puns commence! 

First stop on Saturday was De Leon Springs for some famous all-you-can-eat pancakes. We knew we'd be spending an arm and a leg at the theme park so a $5 all you can eat pancake breakfast sounded like just the ticket.

By the way, I don't know what's going on with my photos. I uploaded them on the new Blogger app and it compressed them all. I guess my riveting J.K. Rowling-esque narrative will have to do for today.



There was quite the wait, so we wandered around a little. Here is the tourist attraction, the Fountain of Youth:


I know. Just breathtaking. 

Here is the restaurant. It's an old sugar mill.



The place is pretty cool. You cook your own pancakes at the griddle on your table. 



This is a big plus for me since I love everything undercooked. I made my pancakes a little oozy in the middle and it was just the best thing ever. 



I ended up having to change my shirt after this meal because I had syrup all down the front of me. Good thing I brought a spare! 

As an aside, Will and I were discussing the now socially-defunct MySpace on Saturday. I wondered if I would be as embarrassed about this blog five years from now as I am about my MySpace page that I laboriously maintained back in '05. (I think I can consider the deal sealed with that little gem about needing a change of clothes after our romantic anniversary meal.)

Okay, off we went to Universal! I was a giddy child. 



Hogsmeade! O. M. G. !!!



Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry! I think I can hear the Weasleys. (But Harry, we are only in our fourth year!)



As you can see, it had just snowed in Hogsmeade despite the 80+ degree heat. Will demonstrates how shockingly cold it was. 



Purchased some butterbeer in like an $80 novelty mug. 

YOLO. 



Checked out the wand selection at Ollivander's. 



Muggles.

The majestic structures at Harry Potter World. 




Photobombing this fam.

We spent the vast majority of our time pretending to fly on broomsticks and casting off dementors, but we also explored Dr. Seuss World for a bit. 




Sunday was mostly spent relaxing at Will's uncle's on the river. We kayaked, paddle boarded, and played frisbee with the mutts.  





Seriously, the perfect weekend . . . because our marriage is like a long book that you love, and never want to stop reading . . . like the Harry Potter series. (Credit: The Office finale.) 

1 Comments:

At May 22, 2013 at 1:14 PM , Blogger Kallah said...

totally recognized the office quote at the end before you even credited it. *nerd*

I think we all mustve gotten married on a really auspicious day. Lots of graces and such ;). I feel more and more lucky as the years go by! Honeymoon ain't over yet!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home