This page has found a new home

Proud Tiger Wife Presents... Law School Graduation

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: Proud Tiger Wife Presents... Law School Graduation

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Proud Tiger Wife Presents... Law School Graduation

Will is a juris doctor! 


There was a point in time where I thought I would never see the day. Not because I thought he wasn't capable (heck no!), but because there was once a time when I would mention the words "law school" to Will and he would say, "Who me? No. NEVER!" 

Perhaps back then he had greater plans for his history degree. ;) Like fact-checking these historical posts on my blog.

He graduated a year ahead of me in college and thus entered the workforce in 2008, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. Such a fabulous time to enter the workforce. He spent some time doing odd jobs: substitute teaching, bookkeeping, bouncing/barbacking (one shift at a local bar), and (my personal favorite) Starbucks barista-ing.

That's right. During my first year of law school, my husband worked for Starbucks. I wholly attribute my 1L success to Will's relentless moral support and endless caffeine supply. (During this time, we also stockpiled enough coffee markouts to last us halfway through Will's own 1L year. As some say, my cup overflowed.)


I don't know what finally did it, but a couple months into my 1L year, Will finally decided to take the LSAT. I was all, "WHAT?! YESSS." I knew I had him. And thereafter we both set off and studied our little hearts out. 

Fast forward a few months... We were really banking on Will getting into Miami Law, since, you know, I already went there and all, and we really didn't want to go to different schools. That's no fun.

Will initially got wait-listed. So he wrote letters of continued interest that he personally dropped off by hand and scheduled campus visits. The least he could do living half a mile from campus, I suppose!

One morning, he checked his status online and it had changed to ADMITTED! I was a crazy person telling everyone the news. The rest is, as they say, history, ya'll.


Saturday's ceremony went off without a hitch. The name-reader lady does a great job of moving things along. I don't always agree with the way the University manages the law school, but they can move through a graduation ceremony like no other. Props.


Afterwards, we had lunch (where else?) at Lokal Burger & Beer. I got the childhood dream (again) but substituted the Krispy Kreme doughnut with a regular old bun. It was perfection, I tell you!

The perfect end to the Miami festivities!


And these two . . .


. . . did not stop chatting all weekend! When you put a Nanimal and a Dianimal together, things are bound to get WILD! :)

P.S. - Anyone watching Idol tonight . . . Candice Glover is killing it. Needed to get that out there.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home