This page has found a new home

Three Months

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: Three Months

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Three Months


Baby Billy Brez is 3 months old as of Monday. They say the first 2-3 months are the hardest of all and I have to agree. Now that Will is 3 months old, we have a good sleeper and even better napper who is as happy as a clam and loves nothing more than just sitting and observing the world around him, with frequent conversations of pitchy babbling whether with himself, his parents, or his beloved dogs. And he notably no longer projectile vomits. There's that, too.

Will made it home from TDY at just the right time, as predicted. 

I know we are basically in a honeymoon period before the sleep regressions and teething or whatever, so just let me marvel in the happy baby phase that is the third month. Indulge me, will you? Without further ado . . . 

April by the numbers. . . 

Weight: 15+ lbs. No 3 month checkup, so I just used our home scale, which has always been pretty accurate. Will weighed 16.4 lbs with clothes on, so I'll call it 15+. I have no clue how long he is, but he definitely thinned out a little during his last growth spurt that took place a few days ago. 

My tub of lard. Thanks for the toned arms and quads, bebe.

Diapers: 334+. That's right. Still tracking those diapers with a passion. I can't kick the habit! I've noticed a huge change in this area though. Instead of a constant stream of poop, now we just have blowout after blowout throughout the day. Information you NEEDED TO KNOW.

He's on outfit #3 today. This obviously pleases him very much.

Pleased.

We are still rocking (and loving) the cloths, though I put him in a Size 3 disposable for these pictures, to accurately portray his stoutliness. 

Hours of nursing: ~29. He nurses about 7-8 times a day to total about an hour a day. When he was most distracted, we got down to 50 minutes or so a day, but I've been making an effort for him to take longer feedings. He's been starting to take both sides . . . some of the time . . . which basically means I am carrying a boulder in my bra on one side from time to time. Not good for my Chi running form, but whatever it takes to get him his calories during the day.

Those arm rolls come with time and effort, people.

Feedings per night: 1-2. He goes down between 7:30 and 8:15pm every night. I know that's kind of a large window, but it's never effected his night sleep, so it's basically whatever time works for us (the parents).

His bedtime routine (with me at least) is always the same: nurse, bath, lotion/massage, diaper and dressed, swaddle, owl book (relax - it's literally 4 pages; he likes the pics) in the rocking chair, lullaby, prayers, paci, sound machine, out. It seems like a lot when I type it out, but it really only takes like 30-40 minutes and nowadays he can be expected to go until at least midnight every night. When he takes two feedings, they are typically at 12am and 4am, when he will (alleluia) go only one feeding, it's usually around 1 or 2am. When I look at the clock for that first waking, I generally know how the night will go. Oh, and unlike the old days when Will was at JAG School and little Will would have two-hour long parties after night feedings, he now goes right back to sleep! Even if he seems wide awake during his diaper change, I am always back in bed within 30 minutes. 

He is up between 6 and 7am every day, without fail, sometimes crying, sometimes babbling in his crib.

EASY fo' life.

Naps per day: 4-5. His naps improve every day, and he can be counted on to go for at least one 1.5 to 2-hour stretch per day. Glorious, just glorious. Picking up his sleep cues gets easier and easier. He generally just goes from a happy baby, talking and giggling, to crying and fussing out of nowhere. And I know what's happening because he only does it when he's been awake for at least an hour. Then I swaddle him, pop the paci in if he's still fussy (sometimes he just passes right out), and leave the room. 

I'm really happy that I was so consistent with getting him to nap in his crib for the past six weeks. I've thankfully never had to let him cry it out. Sure, it probably took longer for him to consistently fall asleep easily, but it's what worked for us. 

Pairs of sunglasses tolerated: 0.



He loves his Bumbo seat so much. Unfortunately, I think it cuts off all circulation to his feet to sit like that. He has to be squished in with a bit of force, so I can't go about letting him hang out in it for long. That's okay because he is just as happy to lay in his pack n play and have a little chat with the ceiling.


Rattails: 1. There are just no words for this . . .


Dogs he is in love with: 2. Good old Daisy 'n' Ace . . . finally coming in handy with this whole parenting thing. Anyway, Will loves watching them play, getting licked by them, and observing them in general. They save me from having to wave the remote control in his face for thirty straight minutes again. (The buttons - so colorful!) 

Laughing at the dogs wrestle. Post-wardrobe change #1.

Other notable milestones include his first big trip, his dad coming home from JAG School, being wiped clean of original sin, attending his first major league baseball game, and our first family run together. It's been a pretty good month.




And in case you haven't been following along, the previous posts:

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At May 8, 2014 at 9:57 PM , Blogger Erika said...

Ahhhh so adorable! I can't get over those rolls :)

 
At May 8, 2014 at 11:12 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Studmuffin! I feel like I can see both yours and (big) Will's faces so clearly in baby Will's! Woman, teach me your ways! My baby is a man of many things to adore, but sleeping is so not one of them, and I worry sometimes that I created the monster myself. I'd love to read a post on more about Will's sleep routine sometime.

Oh, by the way, I'd love for you to join in my wedding linkup!
http://captivetheheart.blogspot.com/2014/05/old-new-borrowed-and-blue-linkup.html

 
At May 9, 2014 at 5:57 PM , Blogger Caitlin said...

I, too, have a baby too chubby for the bumbo. The pictures of him wearing sunglasses had me cracking up!

 
At May 15, 2014 at 11:23 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

omg the sunglasses pictures...I just died.

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home