This page has found a new home

Four Months

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: Four Months

Friday, June 6, 2014

Four Months


Weeee're baaaaack. 

Another month, another blog post filled with information you never knew you needed to know about our little William Hugh. 

I've found the past few weeks to be a little more challenging thanks to the learning curve associated with Will's recent boom in mental development and personality changes. It has not been without its struggles. But things are getting easier as I learn his new cues in order to better meet his needs.


4 month stats:

  • 16 pounds - He's gained over 2 pounds a month since birth. I found out yesterday that at his 2 month checkup he was almost deemed overweight. Now he sits comfortably at 81st percentile for weight-for-recumbent-length. Still on the chunky side, of course, but thinning out. 
  • 24 3/4 inches tall - Almost 5 inches taller than his birth height. His last growth spurt definitely went to height, rather than mass.
  • 16 3/4 inches head circumference - His head has grown almost 6 inches since birth. This means two things: (a) God loves me (think of the childbirth consequences . . .), (b) his brain is getting huge to hold all that smartness. 


Sleep: 

Things got hairy for a while---I am talking almost two weeks of 4-5+ (who even knows) wakings per night and pre-6AM wake ups---but we are seeing improvement. Since he started rolling and raging, we stopped swaddling his arms. Then a few nights ago we weaned the pacifier and it has drastically improved his nighttime sleep. He was still up at 5AM today bright-eyed and bushy-tailed (Will and I were both like "NOOOOOOO"), but the past three nights have been back to his normal two feedings. He goes to bed at about 7:15pm and wakes at about 12 and 3:30 each night. 

Will is the best husbo. While he doesn't really handle any night wakings (we both wish he could make the milk come out the man boobies), he is the one who will get up early with little Will and let me sleep in. Every morning he gets Will out of his crib and brings him me to nurse. Then if I can coerce baby Will to snooze with me some more after eating I will always do so. On the weekends, it's father-son time while I sleep for 2-3 glorious hours in our bed by myself.

Naps stink again. We had a month's worth of awesome naps and he gave me 1.5 to 2 hour stretches twice a day at his best (like this day). Now I'm lucky if he goes an hour, although he's been out for an hour now and I would love it if he made a liar out of me today. (Update: he did not.)

Eating: 

We are down to 7 nursing sessions a day because I stopped cluster feeding. He still goes every 3 hours on average between feedings during the day. He is still the fastest eater known to man and would give Kobayashi a run for his money (except when he's in a growth spurt, he'll nurse a little longer and more frequently). He's pretty distracted when he nurses during the day, which I think is why he still takes 2 feedings a night. Whatevs. We have no plans to start solids anytime soon. 

Poop:

You knew I was going there. Good news: he doesn't poop in the middle of the night anymore! No nighttime diaper changes. It's da best. I think we are down to like 9 diaper changes a day because of it. He still poops nonstop all day and has a night here or there where he poops a lot, but his little pooper is maturing and it makes his mother SO PROUD.

Favorite activities include:

  • tummy time,


  • fist sucking,


  • giggling,


  • randomly freaking out,


  • and then giggling again,


  • deep contemplative thought,

"Boobies."

  • Bumbo chillin, 

Also, drooling.

  • BOB stroller rollin',

Ridin' dirty. {POOP JOKE. HAHA. GET IT?}

  • hangin' with pops,


  • and preparing to relentlessly cheer on USA in the World Cup by doing American things like looking badass in front of the American flag. 


And then of course we can't forget to document the curious case of the receding rattail.


We shall rue the day it disappears into oblivion forevermore.

And for a trip down memory lane:

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At June 6, 2014 at 6:45 PM , Blogger Kallah said...

I love this kid. He has so much personality!

 
At June 6, 2014 at 7:32 PM , Blogger Ellen Johnson said...

Haha, I was just telling Dave tonight that a real man would make milk in his boobs to help his wifey out. He didn't agree :-/

 
At June 9, 2014 at 8:23 PM , Blogger Carrie C. said...

Oh my gosh I love your blog just so much!! Your little guy is SO adorable! Love these updates!!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home