This page has found a new home

Monday Mornings & Meal Plans

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: Monday Mornings & Meal Plans

Monday, October 27, 2014

Monday Mornings & Meal Plans

Good morning!

Will is still working on those upper teeth, so we were up bright and early at 1:30, 5:30, and 6:15. I've been able to see the whites of his two big teeth for about a week, and I think I see part of his gum bubbling (is that a thing?), but they still haven't broke through. The thought of molars makes me want to poop my pants in utter fear. 

Yet somehow it just isn't as bad as when he was younger, and it doesn't hurt that our mornings look like this for the most part:


He cries until you go retrieve him from his crib, but once you go in, he giggles maniacally for the rest of the morning.

He is happy to be alive, that's for sure.

I nurse him (or at least I'll try), pop him in his high chair for a banana and/or scrambled egg while I brew some coffee, and then I get to leave him to his own devices barricaded in the living room, for the most part, until he's ready for his morning nap.

Not a bad spread:



SO MUCH ROOM FOR ACTIVITIES!!!

And yeah, we keep very few toys in this room. What a poor, deprived kid. I put them in our entertainment console and slowly ration them out to keep things exciting - though he usually ends up gnawing on the DVD remote, my phone, or the baby monitor. Whatever lets me sit and enjoy my coffee and muffin.

Switching gears. Nell started a new link-up to help you meal plan, and I need such inspiration and motivation, so here goes. 

// Sunday - Chicken noodle soup. I go off this recipe. Sort of. It's something that's really hard to mess up. I made a huge batch and gave half to the fam of a deployed airman!

// Monday - Broccoli cheddar soup (from Nell's own post!!) with easy bread

// Tuesday - Chicken and rice casserole. (I'll have to post the recipe at some point because I can't find anything similar online!)

// Wednesday - Grilled pork tenderloin, roasted red potatoes, and peas. 

// Thursday - Chicken pesto pasta. Basically an opportunity to throw in any and all veggies that have been sitting in my fridge! Spinach, tomato, peas, peppers. Anything goes.

// Friday - Eggplant parmesan. Trying out a new recipe I found on Pinterest.

// Saturday - Out. The plan is to head to Schlafly's with our Air Force Ball door prize gift card after hitting up the St. Louis zoo.

I have most of these ingredients in my kitchen already, so that's a win. And I should probably plan next week ASAP because pay day is Friday and we all know . . . 


. . . or the weekend immediately thereafter for that matter.

Hope you all CRUSH this Monday. 

Until next time.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At October 27, 2014 at 11:00 AM , Blogger Anne B. said...

The foot stool for our poang is on it's side guarding the wifi cables. Just ordered some baby gates from Amazon, Wednesday can't get here soon enough!

 
At October 27, 2014 at 2:09 PM , Blogger Jenny @ Creatively Blooming said...

I think that Evelyn might get her next two bottom teeth before her top teeth. Her top teeth show no signs of showing up anytime soon, but I think I see a few spots on her lower gums. Or maybe she's just been up more at night because she's shoved in our closet (in-laws have been visiting the past TWO WEEKS, and my hubby turning over in the middle of the night wakes her up if her pack-n-play is in our room, so into the closet she goes). She's like Will though, and very happy during the day. And also at least once in the middle of the night when she thinks it's playtime. I love your meal planning. Do you cook just enough for two, or do you have leftovers? I don't like eating big meals for lunch, and Jarrod doesn't like taking leftovers to work, so I normally only cook 3-4 meals a week.

 
At October 28, 2014 at 7:38 PM , Blogger Nell @ Whole Parenting Family said...

So cute!! I'm inspired by your eggplant parm. I've forced by babies to eat eggplant when they don't know any better but never taken to it myself. Hoping your recipe can change that!! And thanks so much for linking up. (love that rug!)

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home