This page has found a new home

Halloween '14

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: Halloween '14

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Halloween '14

The guilt trip of not bringing baby Will to a pumpkin patch had been building. Combine it with the fact that I'd put zero effort into a costume, my conscience was really nagging me. 

My sister crafted a very elaborate MarioKart family costume situation that I could just never compete with. Yes, siblings exist just so we can compete with them. It's called sibling rivalry and the struggle is real.

At least we managed to take some good pictures, I guess.


I need this blog post to step up my mom cred and win me some points in the rat race of sibling rivalry.


Nevermind the single tear streaming down baby Will's face while he pondered the fact that he'd never have photos of him as a baby perched upon a haystack, surrounded by gourds.


Or it was just really cold and windy. We're gonna go with that. Until he's old enough to adequately communicate his disappointment over our parenting failure that was Halloween 2014.


My dad and I spotted this monkey suit at Once Upon a Baby a couple months ago while I was in Maryland. It was just weird enough that I had to have it, and for the $8 price tag, my dad obliged. Of course, by the time Halloween rolled around, it was a little on the snug side. But seriously, I could tell Will loved wearing it. 


Which pleases me very much.





So that's it. 

We ran outside to the middle of our culdesac, snapped a few dozen photos as quickly as possible, and literally ran back inside. It was really cold.

No trick or treating this year, either. Maybe next year when he's old enough to walk around, but hopefully not able realize we're just gonna steal all his hard-earned candy for ourselves.

I promise we'll step this thing up for Christmas. 

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At November 1, 2014 at 2:46 PM , Blogger Janine @ This Little Piggy Stayed Home said...

That monkey suit is too much. I can see it now in his wedding/ordination slideshow.

 
At November 1, 2014 at 3:09 PM , Blogger Anne B. said...

A. These pics are awesome
B. We are pumpkin patch failures too
C. A picture is worth a thousand words, or a thousand memories when you're pre-rational ;)

 
At November 2, 2014 at 8:52 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At November 2, 2014 at 4:50 PM , Blogger Patty said...

Too cute...I love those full costume outfits!

 
At November 2, 2014 at 8:14 PM , Blogger Jenny @ Creatively Blooming said...

I love a good monkey baby! Trenton was a monkey for his first Halloween too. And holy cow - look at Baby Will standing unassisted!! Way to go, little man!

 
At November 2, 2014 at 8:50 PM , Blogger Julia Harrell said...

Will & Will are monkey twins! ;)

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home