This page has found a new home

Week in Review

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: Week in Review

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Week in Review

Ah, where did we leave off? Oh, yes. I rendered myself unconscious there for a second. Update: Despite a slow start, my fingernail is sporting a very dark bruise and looking way more legit. 

After almost breaking my finger off (never one to exaggerate here), I painfully finished a work project (physical pain via finger, not really emotional or psychological pain, mind you), and headed off to Maryland for a quick two-day trip home. My sister was in town for a couple weeks with my niece, also Will's cousin-twin, and my mom decided last-minute to book me a flight home so we could all be together. 

The children were utterly overjoyed to see one another.


Like I said.


Hysteria!

A highlight of the trip was that my little brother signed his letter of intent to play Division I lacrosse. He still lives in the very large shadow of his super humble, talented sisters, but he is slowly inching his way out into the limelight.


I made him sign another contract, one of adhesion of course because I was bigger than him at the time, many years ago agreeing that I would be his agent for life, receiving 10% of any sports-related income. 


So work hard, Uncle Belly! I mean, Uncle Billy.

My stepmom scheduled professional Christmas-themed portraits for the babies. You know. The ones at the mall! These bad boys will never go out of style. I don't care what anyone says. Being who I am, however, I couldn't help but capture some quick photos of the babies outside first. I have an iPhone and I'm not afraid to use it.




But we did capture this gem of an elderly couple's church directory photo. You may have missed it, as it broke the Internet last week.


I got me an 8x10 of this bad boy. If we had a fireplace, it would be at the center of the mantle.

Well, I guess that was only 2 days in review . . . . To round out the week, we've been chugging along just fine over here. Baby Will contracted some crud, I'm guessing from the airplane, and he's been the clingiest clinger that ever clung, but that's life. Oh, and we had his 9 month checkup. He gained no weight, but grew nearly two inches. And we finally found a prescription to help his mystery rash (but still have to go to the dermatologist for a diagnosis). Those are all the mom updates I can think of at this time. Now pass the coffee.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At November 19, 2014 at 2:28 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Will has a twin cousins!? We are a big fan of those around these parts... The pictures are to die for, as always, and I am glad to hear your finger is recuperating.

 
At November 19, 2014 at 4:44 PM , Anonymous michelle said...

Giggled so loudly at your description of the elderly couple photo that I almost woke my little guy, sleeping in his car seat, up from his nap. Thankfully, he resettled. Awesome photo...makes me want to head to the mall!

 
At November 20, 2014 at 5:49 PM , Blogger Tess said...

That picture of the "elderly couple" is absolutely KILLING me. I died laughing! Also, major congrats to your brother—that's awesome! How great that you're his agent huh? ;)

 
At November 22, 2014 at 8:17 PM , Blogger Mary Helen said...

I am dead over that picture of them from the mall. Oh my goodness. Priceless!!!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home