This page has found a new home

What We Wore Sunday

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: What We Wore Sunday

Sunday, March 6, 2016

What We Wore Sunday

Clawing my way out of my sleep deprivation hole to present to you another edition of "Theresa Pretends to Fashion Blog" thrown together in the hurried minutes before leaving for 8:30 Mass. 




This week we had (a) one formerly well-rested baby transitioning from the rock n play to the crib (more on that this week, I'm suuuuure) and (b) one toddler growing more stinking molars (seriously, who decided we needed so many sets of them anyway?). As a result I have mainly been using nap time to partake in my favorite coping mechanism of staring aimlessly at the wall eating ice cream. Rough week, y'all. Here's to a new one!

Of note: 

 - The winter static cling situation almost rendered every photo taken NSFW. And yet I have no idea  until looking at these pictures because I don't own a full length mirror and I'm wearing what I like to call my Spanx of Steel. Anyway, WHERE ARE YOU SPRING?

 - The explanation regarding sock on Little Will's hand. He wandered into his room after we already dressed him and found the one sock with the race car on it (i.e., his "choo choo train sock" - ???) and insisted on wearing it. I wasn't going to change his socks so our compromise was that he got to wear it on his hand. YES, he kept it on his one hand all the way into the church.

 - Which was a longer time than usual because our car needed a jump start for the third time thanks to the toddler who likes to pretend "drive" and turn on all the lights and signals. (After the second jump start I stopped letting him do it, but I guess I didn't drive enough in between jump starts? IDK. The battery is only a year and a half old.) 

 - But we made it in by the responsorial psalm! (Just goes to show that Will is now a professional at jump starting the car.) 

 - Little Will got an A- for his Mass behavior today. He stayed in the pew the whole Mass, which is so so rare for him. I can hope he's turning a new leaf, but it's probably just the result of feeling off from the teething. I only docked a few points because he got in a screaming match with another kid somewhere in the church. Seriously, it was like some sort of whale call where one child across the church made a high-pitched scream and Little Will thought he had to answer it with a high-pitched scream. It's a hard cycle to break. 

 - Zelie got another A+ today. She didn't even need to nurse during Mass for the first time in probably two months. Lots of happy noises and minimal farting FTW.  

 - I KonMari'd my wardrobe this week which leaves me with approximately three Mass-appropriate ensembles that fit. I would LOVE to do an entire post about what's left in my itty bitty Fourth Trimester wardrobe (9 lbs to go!). Requirements include: pooch friendly, nursing friendly, somewhat resistant to bodily fluids of all varieties, machine washable (obviously), AND no ironing required. But we'll see if I ever sleep again. 

Outfit deets:

 - Me: Dress is LOFT (currently on sale!!). The boots are Lucky Brand bought from 6pm.com a couple years ago for under $100 and they are awesome. (These are similar.) 

 - Zelie: Sweater is Baby Gap. Obsessed with the quality of this little cable knit sweater! It has held up really well through frequent machine washes and dries. (This looks similar.) Her leggings are Whole Parenting Goods. All Nell's stuff is great quality, too, and leggings have major longevity size-wise. She's also rocking an adore-a-bull onesie from Bullpin Apparel.  

 - Will: Shirt is Baby Gap. (This one is similar.) Pants are Old Navy. The sock is from Target, I think. Just call me if you really like the sock and want the sock. You can have the sock. We've got two of them. 

Linking up with Rosie, who also creatively has the word blog in the name of her blog. Kindred spirits!


Labels:

12 Comments:

At March 6, 2016 at 3:36 PM , Blogger Rosie said...

Okay, the misplaced security Spanx give me has definitely resulted in some embarrassing flashing situations! So awkward... That dress is adorable! As are the kids, of course :) We should go into "blog name consulting" together because we're totally creative geniuses!

 
At March 6, 2016 at 3:44 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

Your dress is so cute! And my 2 yo likes to wear socks on her hands too :)

 
At March 6, 2016 at 5:24 PM , Blogger The Naville Famil Life said...

I think my little guy will be just like your little guy in a year or less! By the way, I love your hair cut like this- so cute!

 
At March 6, 2016 at 9:13 PM , Blogger Jenni said...

I can't wait to hear about your transition to the crib. My 2 month old is currently in his room but still in the rock and sleep because he does not do well in the crib and I enjoy sleep. Ugh. I can't remember how I transitioned my older two.

 
At March 6, 2016 at 11:29 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love your blog so much. You always crack me up. I have to admit, I'm missing you on Snapchat. Hurry up, Easter! We are trying to do the rock n play to crib transition right now too! Except my baby is nine months old. Whoops.

 
At March 6, 2016 at 11:59 PM , Blogger Jenn said...

I tried explaining "mom pooch" to my husband today, and he didn't get it...
You clearly don't have one in that dress, though. :)
Our nearly 7 month old just got kicked to her own room last week, and into the pack'n'play from the chair. Nursing all night is not a good thing for mama anymore, or the health of anyone else in the house, for that matter. Good luck!

 
At March 7, 2016 at 11:37 AM , Blogger Hannah Gokie said...

I swear by BabyGap clothes - they are higher quality than anything else out there and not *that* much more expensive if you use coupons and sale times!

 
At March 7, 2016 at 2:00 PM , Blogger Theresa Breslin said...

Two year olds are the weirdest!

 
At March 7, 2016 at 2:00 PM , Blogger Theresa Breslin said...

Thank you!! It's not *exactly* what I had in mind when I got it cut, but it's so much easier to deal with, I'm really happy I did it.

 
At March 7, 2016 at 2:01 PM , Blogger Theresa Breslin said...

Yeah, I started putting her down for naps in her crib, but for nighttime we just ripped the bandaid off. It was really bad the first night, but has gotten a bit better each night. It's just so hard to get that initial motivation to do it!

 
At March 7, 2016 at 2:03 PM , Blogger Theresa Breslin said...

Thanks, Sylvia! I hope to make a triumphant Easter return to Snapchat … just hopefully using it less so I'm not distracted by it ALL day. ;) So addicting. I miss seeing you and your babies though!!

 
At March 7, 2016 at 9:23 PM , Blogger Beth said...

Love that color on you! And I was wondering if those baby legging were from Nell, super-cute and I bet they'll last forever!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home