This page has found a new home

15 Weeks

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: 15 Weeks

Sunday, September 1, 2013

15 Weeks

First, I'll go ahead and address the proverbial elephant in the room, our new blog header! Basically, Saturday nights get WILD in the Brez household, especially when we're celebrating exciting news and someone had her first first full caf grande Starbucks concoction in months. (Pumpkin spice lattes are back. Nuff said.) So, I'd been wanting to update my blog header for a while and all I needed was a little free time and that little caffeinated push. 

The old one:


was way too pretty and didn't represent at all what was happening here. The truth is that we are just goof-offs occasionally trying to take ourselves seriously:


but not too seriously. Okay, maybe not seriously at all. I will probably change it again during my "funemployment," since I will have both the time and the caffeine, but we'll see. I love spectacled Daisy so much that she might be our furever bloggy mascot.

_______________________________________________

Down to the nitty gritty. Baby Brez grew from about the size of a lemon to the size of a navel orange this week at about four inches long. (Source.) 


Linking up with FLAP again this week. 
Maxi Skirt - Marshall's, Shirt - Old Navy Maternity, Undershirt - Blanqi. 

Seriously, I don't know how I got to look so pregnant. I think my ab workout a couple hours earlier caused my ab muscles to totally give up. I planked for two minutes too long. (N.B. I planked for two minutes total.) 


And there you have it. I snapped a selfie to send to my sister before heading over to the gym. No food was consumed before taking the second photo, but I appear considerably bigger! Was it the exercise, or maybe the Blanqi? 

And just like that, I'm over it.

Okay!

Total Weight Gain: Zero weight gain this week and holding steady right at seven pounds. You have no idea how much this surprises and comforts me. It's like my body knows just what it's doing in terms of weight gain. Other moms have told me not to really focus on it very much; you have much less control over it than you think. Well, I'm guessing that's true. I wrapped up my clerkship this past week along with about three other clerks, which meant celebratory cake! and bagels! and doughnuts! and more cake! and it's rude not to partake, right? So, more junk food than usual this week.

Exercise: Just-a one and a few shorter walks with the dogs. This past Sunday, we went paddleboarding for over an hour. Paddleboarding is—let me tell you—maximum effort for minimum gain. In the open water, you work your arms off to go two feet per minute. Suffice it to say, it's a great workout. 

Strange Observations
  • Nosebleeds! I've been getting nosebleeds for weeks, but forgot to mention it here. That is, until I got the nosebleed of all nosebleeds just sitting at my desk at work. I'm told the remedy is to drink lots of ice cold water. Can't hurt to try. 
  • Sinus pressure. Like a dork, I had to take a sick day during my last week of work because I thought I was getting a sinus infection. No, it's just a pregnancy symptom, which I figured out when the pressure headache was not getting better nor worse. Looks like it's just something I'll have to put up with and medicate with the occasional Tylenol fix.
  • Pregnancy dreams. Pregnancy dreams are weird. And sometimes hilarious. I got this gem from my sister a few days ago on a group text when we were talking about the upcoming football season:
I think we all have that "will to win" in us somewhere. We just have to dig down deep to find it. Just like my dream last night... I dreamt that I was a dove flying over the sea and then I dove into the ocean and swam with the dolphins. I was two animals joined as one. Which meant good things are coming, good things. 
Other Highlights:
  • WILL PASSED THE BAR! We're hoping to find out our base assignment within a week or two. Fingers crossed!

  • Comparing bumps. Here is Shannon's latest bumpdate. She's 16 weeks here and I think I'm starting to see a little somethin' somethin':

Maybe? It won't be long now until she pops like she did in her first pregnancy:

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At September 1, 2013 at 10:06 PM , Blogger Britt Fisk said...

You look wonderful!! There is nothing I love more than bump updates :)

 
At September 2, 2013 at 1:11 AM , Blogger Laura Rose said...

Simple and cute!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home