This page has found a new home

Shots from Sunday: Perch'd Outside on a Reel Nice Day

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: Shots from Sunday: Perch'd Outside on a Reel Nice Day

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Shots from Sunday: Perch'd Outside on a Reel Nice Day

Do my puns impress you? What can I say? I'm hooked. (Will she stop? Never.) 
 
We went boating on Sunday afternoon to try and get Will to catch his first fish ever. Ask yourself: How does a Florida boy go 27 years without ever catching a fish? Will has lived within feet of the Atlantic Ocean for the vast majority of his life, yet never caught a fish. A conundrum for the masses. My fishing-obsessed step-father vowed to change all that. But here we are, six years later, without a fish to show for our efforts . . .
 
That is, until now.
 
(I got this foreshadow jam on lock.)
 

We went to a hot fishing spot at the mouth of the Rhode River in Maryland, known for its perch. We perch'd by this pier and tried to cast out by the rocks, where the fishes hang out. We were there for a couple hours and caught a whopping four fish.


^^^Madre.


^^^Somebody's got some nibbies!
 




(For the record, these are not my sunglasses. I am not a neon hipster teenager. I forgot sunglasses and had to borrow a pair from my 18-year-old sister, Trish, who had five pairs of sunglasses sitting on her dresser. She would only let me use "the cheap blue ones." Thanks, sis.)


^^^Our stoic captain.

^^^First catch of the day! And a keeper, had we been keeping.
 


^^^Still fishless but unfazed.


^^^My second catch! Please notice Will's jealousy evident in this photo (to your right).
Real mature.

^^^My mom took some creative license with some artsy cloud shots.
She should quit her day job.



Fortunately, Will did catch his first fish! Sadly, there is no photographic evidence. It will have to be one of those stories where the size of the fish goes from this:

[-----]
 
To this:
 
[---------]
 
To this:
 
[-----------------------------------------------]
("It was a whale!")

And, for the past two hours, every time I glance over at Will's laptop, he is doing one of two things: (1) fantasy baseball, or (2) checking out fishing gear online. We have a new angler on our hands.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At August 7, 2013 at 1:53 PM , Blogger Big Momma D said...

So satisfied.

 
At August 7, 2013 at 2:09 PM , Blogger Theresa Breslin said...

Nice shots, Big Momma D!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home