This page has found a new home

Lately (7QT)

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: Lately (7QT)

Friday, July 26, 2013

Lately (7QT)


Getting my act together to join Jen for some random quick takes on my lunch break.
 
1. This is what I've been seeing of my husband lately. The back of his head.  I nap on the couch in the office while he studies. Muy romantico. We cherish this quality time together. It's almost over. Will takes the bar exam in just FOUR DAYS! I have to say, I am so excited for this test to be over with. I cannot wait to get rid of the stress in our home leading up to the exam.
 


Also, prayers please!?

2. To top off the excitement next week, Will's birthday is the second day of the exam. Nothing like 200 Multistate Bar Exam questions to ring in the big 2-7. Am I right? What's really exciting is that we get to celebrate the end of the bar exam with his birthday in Raleigh! I need to plan something positively epic for the occasion. (My end of the bar party consisted of airport Bud Lights and awkward conversations with bar-takers on my flight from Tampa to Fort Lauderdale. So many people didn't get the memo: the first rule of the end of bar party is not to talk about the bar exam!)

3. You may (not) have noticed that I got a new camera lens! A Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 lens is mine all mine. Our office is actually a bit darker than it appears in these photos. f/1.8 is kind of my new favorite thing. When I finally leave the house to take some pictures, I can't wait to get some new photography posts up.


I may still need to get that whole in-focus thing down, but... baby steps.

4. In case you missed it, this lil' guy (or gal) is hanging out in my belly right now:


We will be ten weeks (double digits!) on Sunday. The story behind we found out is (I think) a little crazy, so if you haven't already, check her out.

Now for a few pregnancy observations/woes . . .

5. Don't touch my belly, weirdo. We told my family that we were expecting just before my Ocean City trip. I knew there was no hiding it and everyone was finding out through the grapevine (aka Aunt Chrissy!!!), so we decided to out our big news. I was like six weeks along, with a baby the size of a blueberry, but that didn't stop many family and non-family members from giving my belly a loving caress. Yep, it's still just fat and bloat my rock hard abs you're feeling, so . . . this is awkward. I think we can all agree that if you are going to take the plunge and go in for the belly rub, you may want to wait until your lady friend is actually showing. Otherwise, a most awkward and uncomfortable experience for all involved.

6. Potatoes are extra delicious during pregnancy. I just want some Trader Joe's tater tots. Don't get me started . . . . Which means my pants don't quite fit right and are very uncomfortable. Forget suit pants and skirts, that zipper ain't going nowhere. Kallah talked me into splurging on a Blanqi (apparently pronounced "blah-n-ky", not "blankey"), even though their website only features photos of super fabulous third trimester ladies wearing them. I was very skeptical (especially with the $70 price tag), but I'm oh so glad I did it. I wear it all day, every day! (Will asked, "Is it okay to wear all the time?") It gives the boobs a nice lift, gives my back and shoulders some much needed support, and smooths and holds up my pants. I got the extra long version in black, and while I probably didn't need the extra fabric on the bottom, I like that I can fold it up for some extra support on my hips. Thanks, Kallah!

7. Finally, I wish to declare my border-line hatred for this Babycenter lady and her unrealistically shapely butt:


Not cool. (Unsubscribe!!!!)

Now go check out Jen's link-up.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At July 26, 2013 at 1:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

And, yes. All the potatoes, please. Right here.

 
At July 26, 2013 at 2:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! I should say I came here via 7QT and procrastination (of course), I'm very glad that nobody has yet tried to touch my belly, and I just find the babycenter lady a little creepy.

Oh, and I might now be a little obsessed with your dog Daisy and her reading glasses.

 
At July 27, 2013 at 2:55 PM , Blogger Theresa Breslin said...

Ha! Well any friend of Daisy's is a friend of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home