This page has found a new home

16 Weeks

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: 16 Weeks

Monday, September 9, 2013

16 Weeks

Here we are at 16 weeks. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like 16 weeks is a milestone. Whatever you're reading, it's when bellies start popping and babies start kicking! This week, baby Brez went from the size of a navel orange to the size of an avocado. (Source.) Guacamole anyone? Baby is also about the length of an iPhone 4 at 4.6 inches. We are looking forward to hearing the baby's heartbeat again this week at our appointment.


Not a great belly shot outfit, but it is what I wore to Mass, so I'm linking up with FLAP once again. Dress is a Ross find. Sweater is J.Crew Factory.

Total Weight Gain: 8 pounds. No real change. If I've gained any weight it's all been in the breastesses area.

Exercise: A week of no work means a week of great workouts. Five, yes FIVE (!!!), plus several mile-long walks with the pups.

Sadly, I've officially given up running.  My bladder and hips just don't like it. I brought myself to admit this week that you can actually get a comparable—if not better—workout on an elliptical. I know it's borderline heresy for a runner to say but, yeah, I went there. The new routine is as follows:
  • 30 minutes on the elliptical. (10 mins at 20, 10 mins at 11, 10 mins at 1 w/ varying resistance.)
  • 2+ minutes of planks.
  • Dumbbell arm workout. (Only 3-5 lbs. Like Michael Scott, we go for tone.)
  • 20+ squats. (Squats are the new Kegels.)
My muscles are really tired at the end of it and I'm not exhausted, which is the whole point. I also love that I can just zone out on the elliptical. 

Cravings: Carrots! Hallelujah, something healthy for once! Hopefully that means baby will have good eyesight because Will and I are a couple of blind bats. Sour gummy worms made another appearance this week. Oh, and I am just ravenously hungry/hangry in general. (Sorry, Will.) 

Weird Observations
  • Every week I look at The Bump website, it lists a strange symptom that I seem to be experiencing and had no idea it was linked to pregnancy hormones. Last week, it was the nosebleeds. This week, it's dry, itchy, sensitive eyes. I thought I had an infection or something from my contacts, but nope, just hormones wreaking havoc once again. 
  • My belly button is disappearing! It's widening, but also shallowing out. It's really strange to see when my belly button has been a dark, endless pit my entire life.
Other Highlights:
  • We received our first baby-related gift! Friends Tal and Daija sent us this Back 'N Belly body pillow this past week. This gift came just in time because I'm all achey in my back and abdomen and it's hard to get comfortable at night. I wouldn't say I'm sleeping like I did first tri again, but it's helping. Thank you Tal and Daija!
We love the way it fits in seamlessly with our bedroom decor.
  • Comparing Bumps. Here is Shannon at 17 weeks:

Dare I say she is catching up this week? 

HTTR.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At September 10, 2013 at 11:26 PM , Blogger Daija said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At September 10, 2013 at 11:27 PM , Blogger Daija said...

Yay, glad it helps!! From what I hear, it will become more helpful as the belly continues to grow. :) miss you at work but glad to see you are enjoying your time off

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home