This page has found a new home

Oatmeal Pumpkin Muffins

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: Oatmeal Pumpkin Muffins

Monday, September 21, 2015

Oatmeal Pumpkin Muffins


Will left for a somewhat long TDY yesterday morning, so I'm just going to be over here drowning my loneliness and sorrows in pumpkin puree. I first tried looking on Pinterest for a suitable oatmeal pumpkin recipe, but they all called for ingredients I didn't seem to have on hand. Instead, I decided to take Kate's recipe (that I make all the time) and substitute pumpkin for water and VOILA! Same delicious muffin, with just a hint of pumpkin flavor, to mix it up when I'm not making pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. 

Speaking of Pinterest, every time I'd click on the recipe, I'd be all BLAH BLAH BLAH - GET TO THE RECIPE WOMAN!!!!! So without further ado . . . 

Ingredients
  • 3 C oats
  • 1 C pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 C milk (of any kind!) 
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 C coconut oil
  • 2 t vanilla extract
  • 1/2 C sugar
  • 2 t baking powder
  • 1 t salt
  • 1 t cinnamon (or pumpkin spice)
  • [Somewhat] OPTIONAL: 3/4 C chocolate chips
Instructions: Preheat oven to 350. Oil a muffin tin (I just used canola oil spray). Mix the oats, pumpkin puree, milk, eggs, vanilla, and oil. In a separate bowl mix the sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Combine. Stir in chocolate chips. Bake for 20ish minutes or until the tops begin to brown. Let cool a little in the pan (otherwise they do fall apart easily when hot).

Notables:

// I sometimes substitute maple syrup (+ 1/4 C flour) for the refined sugar.

// Make sure the coconut oil is soft, if not in liquid form. Otherwise it doesn't blend evenly into the muffins and you get weird chunks in your muffins. Ask me how I know.

// Toddlers go nuts for this jam (ooohh, I'm totally gonna try and add nuts next time…).

// I always set aside a few muffins without chocolate chips for little Will. (See below.)





The end.

If you need me, I'll be eating pumpkin pastries, pregnant-sobbing, binging on Call the Midwife while the hubs is away. :D

Labels:

3 Comments:

At September 21, 2015 at 3:49 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Theresa! I was totally scrolling through my blog reader past the million posts by thekitchn and saw your post and thought it was a kitchn post because of your snazzy photography, and I thought: What a great addition pumpkin would be to my oatmeal muffin recipe! and then I saw it was actually YOUR POST, and ha! brilliant! can't wait to try it!

 
At September 23, 2015 at 3:06 PM , Blogger Kallah said...

Wills face in these muffin stuffing pics is pretty much the best endorsement any recipe could get, ever.

 
At September 23, 2015 at 8:55 PM , Blogger Caitlin said...

I'm impressed that you leave the chocolate chips out of little Will's! I make banana muffins most frequently and put chocolate chips in the girls and blueberries in ours, ha ha. I figure at least they're eating banana :) (Their refusal to eat banana is why we perpetually have bananas going bad and need to bake muffins...)

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home