This page has found a new home

39+3 is the Way to Be

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: 39+3 is the Way to Be

Monday, December 14, 2015

39+3 is the Way to Be

These are all just going to be pregnancy updates from now on until she's here, probably. Complete with grainy mirror selfies because the #cantdeal is strong. Here I am at 39 weeks and some change over the weekend.


As the title of this hither post may or may not indicate, I am currently 39 weeks and 3 days pregnant.  (I'm due on Friday.) I've been having on and off contractions (usually on) for almost two weeks now. However, as of my last check on Thursday, they aren't doing anything to move things along. When checked, I was still 3.5cm dilated, 70% effaced, and at -1 station. 

That's the moment I knew I'd be pregnant forever. 

Not to over-dramatize.

The past few days have been pretty rough. The weekend moved at a snail's pace and I got very little sleep. Crampy contractions would wake me up in the middle of the night and I'd have to get up and walk them off in order to fall back asleep. Sort of unrelated, but I also ate lots of cereal. 

These guys kept me pretty good company though. 


Can we talk about Little Will's cowboy boots? He loves his boots and usually insists on putting them on himself. It's such a quirky little personality trait of his and I LOVE it. I have so many photos of him in a diaper and those cowboy boots. I know they will eventually come in handy for display in his senior yearbook and/or that very sad day when he tries to bring a nice girl home to meet his parents. 

Anyway, my doctor basically told me we can induce whenever we want, which is OH SO TEMPTING when you feel like you'll a) be pregnant forever, and b) that when your body suddenly decides not to be pregnant forever, it's going to expel the baby in record speed and you'll surely have a roadside birth. Much rational is the way of the greatly pregnant. BUT! We are remaining patient.


Sort of. 

Don't know how that got there.

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At December 14, 2015 at 3:00 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

Eee! I was 5 days over with my first. Those last few days/weeks really do seem to take forever.... Praying she pops out soon :)

 
At December 14, 2015 at 3:04 PM , Blogger Theresa Breslin said...

Thank you!! Just as long as she doesn't pop out TOO fast. ;)

 
At December 14, 2015 at 3:08 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

The boots! Hiiiiilarious. But on to more important things. My midwife never told me how much I'd been dilated/effaced or any of that prior to labor, which I know would have only been a mind game for me, so I'm sure knowing the numbers might make things harder. I really hope this home stretch goes well for you and I'll be praying for your family! Can't wait for your news when Zelie makes her way out the belly…do you have a postnatal hashtag yet?!

 
At December 14, 2015 at 3:12 PM , Blogger Anne B. said...

I was JUST wondering how you were doing and then you so graciously obliged with a bump-date, thanks! Doesn't loads of pro-dromal labor mean a super fast birth? I'm going to hope that's true, but in a laid back, get checked into the hospital in plenty of time and everything kind of way. :) Good luck, can't wait to "meet" Zelie which I'm sure is nothing compared to how you're feeling about it!

 
At December 14, 2015 at 3:38 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I was super scared of a super fast labor this time ( after my 3hr and then 1.5hr history) and my prayers for a reasonable labor were answered (6 hrs) so I wish the same on you!

 
At December 14, 2015 at 3:39 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I was super scared of a super fast labor this time ( after my 3hr and then 1.5hr history) and my prayers for a reasonable labor were answered (6 hrs) so I wish the same on you!

 
At December 14, 2015 at 3:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Praying for you to have patience and comfort while Zelie bides her time staying cozy in utero. I think we should do a poll and see if Zelies have a tendency to come early or be late!

 
At December 14, 2015 at 4:15 PM , Blogger Theresa Breslin said...

I don't know what to expect since I was induced the first time. BUT, even the pitocin contractions weren't at all painful until my water was broken. And then I went from 4 to 10 in like 30 mins. I'm scared I won't realize I'm in labor until it's too late! Haha.

 
At December 14, 2015 at 4:21 PM , Blogger Theresa Breslin said...

So far, we know at least one took her time ;) I wouldn't mind Zelie coming on Dec. 23 (St. Zelie Martin's bday!!) as long as she lets me get some sleep in the meantime!

 
At December 14, 2015 at 5:06 PM , Blogger Hannah Gokie said...

I know it doesn't seem that way when you're the preggo one, where did those 40 weeks go?? :)

 
At December 15, 2015 at 11:32 AM , Blogger Emily Elizabeth said...

I actually clicked on your post impatiently hoping you had given birth! lol Patience has never been my strong suit. :)

 
At December 16, 2015 at 3:00 PM , Blogger Julia Harrell said...

How's 39 + 5 going? ;) I hope you're getting some rest at least. I can't wait to see little Zelie's face!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home