This page has found a new home

This & That

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: This & That

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

This & That

I don't know what the deal is with Little Will's sleep. At first I could blame the "routine disruption" of daycare, then the cold/cough, and then the ear infection, but now we're out of excuses. Maybe he's just getting me ready for life with a newborn again?


I'm just not down with that.

I do realize it's not even that bad, but I have grown accustomed to the luxurious life of 8 hours a night and I would have liked to keep it that way. Will has been waking in the middle of the night, standing up in his crib, moaning "MAMA!" in that way that I just can't ignore. That, combined with your typical pregnancy insomnia/bathroom breaks and the early wake ups, I just hope that the caffeine really isn't bad for baby Z.

I don't want to jinx anything, but at least he's still napping and hasn't been a total crab during the day. Yesterday he had one of those amazing days where he was just too sweet for words and my heart still swoons just thinking about it. (Today has been going pretty well, too. Girls hit your hallelujah.)

- - -

Moving. On.

I mentioned before about a book I'd read, Food Rules, for eating healthier. Here's an update:


(N.B. Ignore the "weight goal." Fitbit just makes you enter one.) I haven't gained a single pound the past month, the entire first month of the third trimester. I haven't been crazy sticking to the rules all that well. It's partially attributable to chasing around a toddler all day, BUT I haven't been eating a ton of meat since Will left for TDY and I can count on one toe the number of times I've gone out to eat. Unless you count a Starbucks scone and the night Will made dinner for us, i.e., ordered us Papa Johns ;)

I'm still at 25 pounds gained overall this pregnancy, which is in the normal range and Zelie definitely appears to be growing and getting stronger. I have an OB appointment on Monday, but it seems like everything is otherwise going swimmingly. I just front loaded. Not sitting behind a desk all day and having unlimited access to soda and Oreos has seemed to do well for me. Working from home for the win.

. . .

Changing gears again.

People LOVE dressing room selfies. How about my toddler trying the hottest new outerwear looks available at Target? (20% off right now!)

Fashion Show! Fashion Show! Fashion Show at Lunch!

OPTION 1 - The Classic Pea Coat


So dashing, but the buttons were cumbersome and no hood.

OPTION 2 - The High Tech Winter Puffer 


We just couldn't get the right fit.

OPTION 3 - The Military Moto Jacket


Oh yeah, he's over it.

At this point he got lost in the baby section for a while. I found him climbing one of the gliders asking to go "night night." Okay.


Fleece lining, hood, and zipper, and gender neutral (since learning we have a baby girl on the way, I have a new appreciation for the gender neutral). We have a winner.

I won't apologize for the randomness of this post. See Section 1, supra, re: lack of sleep. Have a fabo hump day! 

6 Comments:

At October 14, 2015 at 2:40 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

"Look at this pea coat, tell me he broke."- Kayne West Not broke if its 20% off!

 
At October 14, 2015 at 3:11 PM , Blogger Theresa Breslin said...

Didn't even need a coupon. That's the definition of ballin'.

 
At October 14, 2015 at 3:46 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Did you put him to bed in a display crib at target? and then take a nap yourself in the glider beside it.. because that would be awesome

 
At October 14, 2015 at 5:13 PM , Blogger Theresa Breslin said...

Wow, that would have been the ultimate mom hack. Kicking myself right now for missing out on a much needed nap.

 
At October 14, 2015 at 8:19 PM , Blogger Julia Harrell said...

My Will is also being a nighttime sleep problem. And in my irrational middle of the night hysteria, I start panicking about how I'm never going to sleep again and be perpetually up with a toddler and a baby. Seriously- go to sleep. And don't up until after 6:30 am, please and thank you.

 
At October 15, 2015 at 12:00 PM , Blogger Hannah Gokie said...

Oh man, I'd be freaking out if Kate was doing that with sleep. I'm so dependent on my 8+ hours now!!! Also, go you for your stalled weight gain! The worst part of every OB appointment was the nurse's somewhat disapproving sigh every time I stepped on the scale during Kate's pregnancy. Then again, I did have a very heavy Jimmy John's/Raising Cane's craving/addition during gestation so....really, my own fault.

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home