This page has found a new home

7 Quickies

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: 7 Quickies

Friday, October 2, 2015

7 Quickies

1// I'm 29 weeks today, so that's cool. 


I actually had an ultrasound a couple weeks ago because they didn't get a good enough look at Zelie's heart at her 20-week scan. Everything looked great. Head down. The tech even let us FaceTime Will in since we used the whole "he's away for military duty" thing, which was awesome. I love technology. 

My weight gain has slowed considerably since I started trying to eat healthier (I even lost a few pounds, which prompted a trip to Starbucks for a blueberry scone). I'm still only slightly behind how much I'd gained at 29 weeks with Boog, when we'd just moved to STL. Crazy. (I have heard before that time flies when you're having babies. It's true.)

2// The disruption in Little Will's routine by going to daycare is really messing with his sleep. (Or at least that's what I hope is all it is, which means that he'll be back to normal TOMORROW. Yes?) Ever since Tuesday he's been fighting bedtime at night and waking up over an hour earlier than usual. Obviously, this means he will snuggle in for some extra sleep in bed with me. Because toddlers love that. At least that's the lie I've told myself for four straight mornings.

Why does he insist on wedging himself between me and my precious body pillow? WHY?

This morning, after getting kicked in the face numerous times for about an hour, I had finally, somehow dozed off. I was awakened by the sound of Curious George. My little man had slithered out of bed, found the Amazon Fire Stick remote, and turned on cartoons. 

These are LIFE SKILLS, people. (You just push the center button of the remote twice to play what had been on previously, but still.) I got to lay in bed for a few more minutes while he stood there making monkey sounds at the television.

3// But honestly, he may be starting to develop a problem. It's like a flip switched and now ALL he wants is TV.


This TV takes a little more work to get to George. Sorry. Also, you're holding it upside down.

4// Just a small problem, right?


He asks for "choo-choo?!" (Thomas the Train) or "ooo-ooo-ahh-ahh?!" (Curious George) approx. 50 times a day, but I'll be grateful for it when baby #2 comes I'm sure. 

5// So we canceled cable and we're saving $80 a month. We hope that between Netflix, Amazon Prime streaming, and various apps, we can avoid paying for cable forevermore. (I've also heard Sling TV is a great option for streaming sports and such.) Any college football fans have tips for streaming games? 

6// My friend, Julia, wrote a post about welcoming baby #2 which sums up basically all my feelings on the subject. I mean, if I had time and mental energy to think about the subject ;) She is only a couple weeks ahead of me in her pregnancy, and she also has a son named Will and they are about the same age. Essentially we are the same person in all the important ways, so click on over

7// Will's boss called to check up on me yesterday because he's TDY. I'm pretty sure this phone call is in the commander's manual or something, because I remember getting a similar call when Will was away at JAG School (different boss). They just call and ask how things are going, if there's anything you need, etc. I always politely say I've got things under control, but next time I'm going to ask for someone to come over and pick up dog poop from our back yard. As a joke. Unless they say yes. THEY'D HAVE TO SAY YES, RIGHT?  

Have a great poop-free weekend, everyone. 

Linking up for the first time with Kelly since she started hosting!

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At October 2, 2015 at 11:43 AM , Blogger Hannah Gokie said...

We don't have cable and although I definitely miss it for college football we seem to be surviving. Right now we're using my parents cable-login to watch games on BTN2Go and ESPNwatch (or whatever those names are) because they'll stream free with a cable login! And my parents have the most basic cable package you can get, so it's a win win! In previous years we've streamed from, umm, not so legal sources because we were pretty desperate, which works OK if you're patient and don't mind closing out a bunch of ads.

 
At October 2, 2015 at 12:34 PM , Blogger Theresa Breslin said...

We share logins w friends, so we do have access to the ESPN app! I know Will watched some games on it before he left. But I also know he will be super upset if he doesn't get all the FSU games, so fingers crossed.

 
At October 2, 2015 at 2:30 PM , Blogger Ellen Johnson said...

We dropped cable a few years ago too, and we've been fine. Everything a kid would ever want to watch is on netflix (choo-choo and ooo-ooo-ahh-ahh of course!) and Dave and I just watch different series on netflix or amazon prime. Not bad at all!

 
At October 2, 2015 at 3:50 PM , Blogger Kallah said...

Omg Will IS Curious George. Ooh ooh ah ah is rightttt on the money.

Also we were cable free for 4 years! fist bump. now we have it cause UVerse is basically giving it to us for free. Its only like $30 more than we'd pay for wireless internet. soooo thats nice. But we rarely use it and intend on saying we want to cancel every year when our membership is up for renewal cause, bargaining chip! ;)

 
At October 2, 2015 at 5:10 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

It's because Will is gone! Sleep goes to hell for my boys when Rob is out of town. Ugh!

 
At October 3, 2015 at 12:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Canada is so wierd... We just signed UP for basic cable after not having it for years because it made the ridiculous price we pay for the internet for DOWN to have it bundled with cable... So wierd

 
At October 3, 2015 at 12:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Canada is so wierd... We just signed UP for basic cable after not having it for years because it made the ridiculous price we pay for the internet for DOWN to have it bundled with cable... So wierd

 
At October 3, 2015 at 2:24 PM , Blogger Julia Harrell said...

Apparently the Wills are the same person too because mine keeps getting up at 5:30 and demanding, "EAT! EAT! EAT!" Nooo...SLEEP little man. Mama is fat and tired.

 
At October 5, 2015 at 10:06 AM , Blogger Theresa Breslin said...

No, it's the same here! That's the only reason we had cable in the first place, for the promotional price. Of course they jacked up the price by $40 after the first year!

 
At October 6, 2015 at 9:12 AM , Blogger Lauren Jamison said...

Aubrey can seriously screw up any electronic or appliance with the push of one button quicker than I can even figure out how to turn the dang thing on! Kids are amazing!

Latest Post: An Italian Wedding ~ http://thebarnnc.blogspot.de

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home