This page has found a new home

Days Like Today

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: Days Like Today

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Days Like Today

Sometimes life hands you a tub full of turds.

Today was one of those days.

Literally.


And, alas, we Snapchat it to all our (9, I think I have about 9) friends, thus that we may laugh to keep from crying!

Or something.

I'm tired.

This was just after he climbed into the tub filling with water still donning his diaper. I digress.

… 

I discovered yesterday that Little Will has an ear infection on top of all the cold/cough crud. He'd been rubbing his left ear for a few days and then yesterday I really noticed the drainage. (This is his second ear infection since getting ear tubes in July. He hasn't even had his follow-up appointment yet, people!) 

Anyway, so that's some more joyful news. 

This morning, I spent hours on the phone with NetGear and Charter trying to get our Internet/Wifi situation sorted out. I was feeling pretty high and mighty after canceling cable - (WHO NEEDS CABLE ANYWAY? NOT ME SUCKAS) - and of course the Internet goes out and all Hell breaks loose. 

We have the scars to prove it: 



I mean WHATEVER IT TAKES. I can't have you being mesmerized by the blinky router lights and tapping at the laptop keyboard when I am on the phone with the nice Indian lady with customer service.

I still didn't get it working until about 20 minutes ago. I only used approx. 5 out of our 10 gigs of Verizon data in the meantime. (We FaceTime a LOT.)

The big highlight of our day was that Will had cupcakes delivered to our front door! Six of them! Two Oreos, one red velvet, a cookie dough, a pumpkin cheesecake, and a funfetti to be exact. I won't tell you which ones we had for dinner.

So all in all, it will be just fine! I just might keep bathing Will in a different tub until I get the gusto to do some bathroom disinfecting. 

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At October 8, 2015 at 8:41 PM , Blogger Anne B. said...

Ear infections *after* tubes? Oy vey! And after a bath time like that, you've earned as many cupcakes for dinner as you'd like.

 
At October 8, 2015 at 10:35 PM , Anonymous Miriam said...

So I had CONSTANT ear infections when I was young and had tubes as well.... So bad my hearing would go on and off and no one knew until later! Anyways... The doctor always had my parents take me to the beach cause salt air is good for ear stuff! So beach trip??!! Hahah

 
At October 10, 2015 at 9:39 AM , Blogger Kallah said...

OH MY GOSH I died at the poop. Also Sarah is right - you are way too cool. Snapchat is outta my league too ;) .

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home