This page has found a new home

Birth Stories

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: Birth Stories

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Birth Stories

Still pregnant. 37 weeks + 1 day, but who's counting?


Me. ME. MEEEEE. 

I'm the one counting.

I didn't have an appointment this week due to Thanksgiving, but my blood pressure has been staying down relatively low. Contractions are kicking, though, as to be expected with a second pregnancy, I guess. I went crazy with the nesting yesterday and the whole house is scrubbed clean top to bottom. Now we just need this baby to come because I'm not sure how I'll keep it this clean for the next few weeks, you know? 

Zelie's godmother, Lauren, set up one of those baby pools where you guess the due date and birth weight. #WhenWillZelieEmergeFromTheBelly. So far, everyone has guessed that I won't make it to my due date AND that Zelie will weigh less than 9 pounds. God bless you all. Click on over to put in your vote. Lauren promises there will be an "exclusive" prize for the winner. 

In an effort to drive myself crazy, just like last time, I've taken to the Internet to attempt to read every birth story ever. Unfortunately, the birth story link-up to end all birth story link-ups was indefinitely shut down. (Camp Patton, we miss you forever). So now I need your help. Googling birth stories is harder than it sounds, okay? I mean, I've read them all, I think. But I need to read them all again.

Some favorites I've read lately include: 


Note to self: wear contacts this time. Makes for better birth story photos.

Do a large, pregnant lady a solid and add your birth stories below! Or just comment in with links to your faves. Whatever you like. The link-up closes in 33 days because that's all my free subscription to InLinkz allowed. So get to linking pronto, por favor!


Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At November 28, 2015 at 2:25 PM , Blogger Julia Harrell said...

I hope to have one for you soon! Will was born at 39 +2. I'm at 39+ 5. Get. A. Move. On.

 
At November 28, 2015 at 2:37 PM , Blogger kayyay87 said...

baby #1 - at 37 weeks, it all started with my water breaking(like in the movies) while in our wounded warrior hotel recovery room (thank goodness we had maid service there) threw my husband and his wheelchair in the car and drove through DC rush hour traffic from old water reed to.bethesda Naval. Got induced 6 hours later. Received my epidural. Had baby via midwife on call at 9am the next morning. Husband proceeded to withdraw from oxy cotton on parent bed all day. 6lb 8oz
Baby #2- was incredibly uncomfortable around 37 weeks had my sister fly down to help. We tried all forms of at home induction ideas. My favorite were the squats foe hours on a Sunday night. Appt on Monday for 38 weeks, got membranes swept, walked the mall, started contractions around noon. I just put toddler down for a nap (no one wakes a sleeping child) held out until 3 pm when he woke from his nap to tell my sister I was in Labor. Got to hospital, checked contractions 1 min apart. Called husband out of Captains school. Got epidural, blared pitbull, at 2am we were ready. Did not push, she wiggled herself out. 8lb 8oz(should've known her personality from the beginning)
Baby #3- Water broke at 35.5 weeks went on hospital bed rest to find out that it reseal ed at 36.6 days so was sent home (wS told they'd induce midnight of 36.6 day.... imagine that let down). Went home. ended up being induced at 39 weeks. Showed up to hospital to wait 6 hours foe them to tell me my dr wasn't coming. Elected to use midwife on call. Got epidural at 6am next morning. Fainted as epidural was being places from bottomed out blood sugar from not being able to eat since noon the day before. Got situated. fell asleep. woke up.needinh to push and in 2 pushes my 9.2.9 baby was here

 
At November 29, 2015 at 10:16 AM , Blogger Theresa Breslin said...

OF COURSE MOLLIE WIGGLED HERSELF OUT... lol that is too much. Thanks for sharing!!!!!

 
At November 29, 2015 at 10:41 AM , Blogger Rosie said...

Girl, I got you covered ;) And I'll even link up my twin birth stories linkup - because I heard you like linkups, so I'm linking up my linkup to your linkup!

 
At November 29, 2015 at 5:55 PM , Blogger Caitlin said...

My birth stories are pretty atypical and probably won't help you at all (definitely not at all what anybody would want to happen, except for the healthy baby part, ha ha) but they're linked up anyway :)

 
At November 30, 2015 at 2:21 PM , Blogger Hannah Gokie said...

GAHHH! Literally the worst part (okay not the worst part but a VERY SAD PART) of Grace's blog having to shut down was the loss of the massive birth story linkup she had. I think I read 10-15 of them a night the few weeks before Kate was born. It was balm to my brain that said "this baby will never ever ever ever come out of you, Hannah, get used to being pregnant forever" because every one of them ended with a birth. ;) Come on Zelie!!!

 
At December 16, 2015 at 10:43 PM , Blogger Tara said...

Hi Theresa! I found your blog through Amy @ All for Heaven's Sake. I really enjoyed reading about how you manage life as a mom and a lawyer, as it's a secret dream of mine that I hope might happen someday! In the meantime, I am trying to find a moment to blog here and there so I linked the birth story of my youngest.

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home