This page has found a new home

10 Months

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: 10 Months

Saturday, December 20, 2014

10 Months

Greetings! I should be in line at the Post Office right now, but instead I need to post William's 10 Month update two weeks too late. It's more important than you receiving your Christmas gift on time, don't you agree? 


Will's most important milestone this month was starting school, of course! I'll just time-travel and focus on his first week with the transition because that's when he was still 9 months. Pics were taken at 10 months and 1 day, for the record. Accuracy is everything with blogging, right? So, I'll tackle how he's doing now in a couple weeks for his 11 month post. Bueno? Buenoooo!


EATS.

I was really freaked out about going from nursing full-time to being separated from each other for 9-10 hours a day. Rightfully so. It took me over an hour of pumping to get like 3 ounces, so I sorta nixed the pumping idea. Motivation is low when you have an almost-10-month-old and formula is included in your daycare school tuition. So, the last week of November, I started giving him one bottle of formula per day. 


NOM.

When he started, I would nurse him first thing in the morning (6ish), feed him breakfast, try nursing one more time before we left (around 7:20am, largely unsuccessful), he would get two 6 oz. bottles of formula (+ solids) at school during the day, and I would nurse him in the evening before dinner. He was still waking at least once during the night during this time, too (more on that later), so he was getting four nursing sessions and two bottles of formula per day, plus solids.




SLEEPS.

He had a rough start when it came to the new routine, which wasn't as surprise to us, especially with napping. Since we had to ditch the swaddle, he really hasn't been a great napper anyway, but when he got to school, i.e., no noise machine or blackout curtains, and lots of entertaining sights and sounds, he was napping very little! Like maybe two twenty-minute naps in the arms of one of his teachers. Bad. Especially because he was still battling some congestion/crud, so nighttime sleep was rough. He was not well-rested at all. It was a vicious cycle of not enough sleep because he was too sick, and too sick because he couldn't sleep enough.


POOPS.

We gave up cloth diapering when he started school. They mentioned that they would do it if I was adamant, but I just wanted everyone to get acclimated with each other before throwing cloth diapering into the mix. Now I don't think I'll even bother. I can't see myself wanting to spray poop after a full day of motherhood and work. If it was easy breast milk poop, it'd be a different story, but it's just not happening with the frightening solid poops. 


Between Will's help and the time that little William is at school, sometimes I can go like a three-day stretch without changing a poopy diaper. 

Glorious. 

Somehow this is an aspect of stay-at-home-motherhood I have no difficulty leaving behind. Certainly, it has something to do with Will thinking that he must escape the new diaper at all cost. 

Yeah, he just ate this thing during the whole photo shoot.


OTHER MILESTONES.

// Taking 2-3 steps at a time! So close to walking (foreshadow foreshadow foreshadow).

// Clapping like a pro when you ask him to "CLAP! CLAP! CLAP!"

// Waiving like the little politician he is. 

// Expanding his vocabulary from "dadadas" to "mumumus," "dadadas," and "bababas" etc. et al.

// Wide open mouth kisses to the face. Still pretty inconsistent about this, but he generally really likes to open mouth kiss animals and other children. 



Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At December 22, 2014 at 12:42 PM , Blogger Kallah said...

I love this!!! I miss that sweet little guy!!!!

 
At January 5, 2015 at 1:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, I'm finally catching up and I'm super sad that you gave up cloth diapering...and yet I know it is possible! You are my shining example case when I have to re-convince my husband every week that cloth diapering is totally legit. So I'm never letting him read this post ;-)

And the pictures are glorious, as always :)

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home