This page has found a new home

27 Weeks

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: 27 Weeks

Sunday, November 24, 2013

27 Weeks

I'm 27 weeks today, and since I'm never quite sure when each trimester begins and ends, I'm self-declaring myself in the third trimester! (Woot woot.) Once again I feel compelled to share that Baby Brez grew this week from the size of a head of lettuce to the size of a rutabaga! (Source.) (I feign excitement because I don't think I've ever seen or heard of a rutabaga before just now.) 


Too windy to venture outside the cover of the condo walls...


(Sweater - Target: Liz Lange Maternity; Jeans - Old Navy Maternity; Boots - Aldo (old).) 

Linking up with the FLAP girls for What I Wore Sunday, the last of our Florida residency (and the first time I got to wear a sweater and boots). Happy Solemnity of Christ the King! And Happy 25th Anniversary, Father Phil! And holy moley it's the end of the Year of Faith! (Today was a mixed bag at Mass, for sure!) Next up: ADVENT. So excited. I know I will have plenty opportunity to wear winter clothes when we move to Illinois, but it's almost December, it was finally a chilly and windy day, and I am impatient. Also, I just bought this sweater like 6 weeks ago, I've only been able to wear it once in Maryland, and it's already getting too short to cover the growing bump! Oh well!

What Will Wore:

"You didn't get my boots!" - Will Brez
He's a trooper, that one.

To the pregnancy deets . . .

Overall Weight Gain: Our scale is in storage, but I have an OB's appointment tomorrow and will be weighed. At my last appointment four weeks ago I was at 19 pounds. I'll be sure to let you know if the number compels me to cry tears of shame versus make a mad dash to Olive Garden. I'm not feeling confident because Friday night's date night consisted of Chipotle followed by Cold Stone, and I do in fact feel enormous, but we'll see!

Exercise: Still lots of walking (though, admittedly, less than in weeks prior) and squats! I'll do squats anywhere. 

Cravings: Apples, wine, and fountain soda. So random. I was also thinking today about how I can't wait to get unpacked so I can Whirley Pop to my little heart's content.

Strange Observations
  • This past week was the first time the baby's movements creeped me out. It was the first time his movements seemed slow and deliberate across my belly (rather than just constant quick jabs). I found myself thinking, What are you trying to tell me, baby??? 
  • I definitely have a higher tolerance for spicy food now. I used to be a wimp, but now you can bring on the hot sauce. 
The Sister Bump Wars!

Shannon at her baby shower yesterday (28 weeks). :)

Have an awesome week! Eat lots of turkey. 

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At November 24, 2013 at 2:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking good! So exciting for you and your sister to be expecting at the same time!

 
At November 24, 2013 at 2:30 PM , Blogger Cammie Diane said...

You look great! I love the cable knit sweater (and your bump!).

I did a double take when I saw the background of your picture because it looked so much like the place we lived when my husband was in law school down in Florida! I'm glad to have found your blog!

 
At November 24, 2013 at 3:16 PM , Blogger Theresa Breslin said...

Thank you!

Where did you live in Florida? We've made our way up the east coast: Coral Gables (both UM Law grads here), Delray Beach, and now Ponce Inlet/Daytona Beach, but we're moving to the Midwest later this week!

 
At November 24, 2013 at 3:24 PM , Blogger Erika said...

Yay for 27 weeks!! Looking good :) My mother-in-law just bought me that sweater from Target and I love it. I can't believe you are loving spicy food, I've loved it my whole life but since I've been pregnant I can't eat anything remotely spicy (it's sad).

 
At November 24, 2013 at 5:27 PM , Blogger Janine @ This Little Piggy Stayed Home said...

You're doing great! I think I gained 20 pounds in my second trimester alone. Cold Stone was also a contributor.

 
At November 24, 2013 at 6:39 PM , Blogger Theresa Breslin said...

Thanks... I just discovered Cold Stone's Oreo ice cream. It's a problem!

 
At November 25, 2013 at 2:16 AM , Anonymous Jen Burch said...

You're one glowing pregnant lady!!!

 
At November 26, 2013 at 12:26 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

You look amazing! I have to admit I'm skeptical about your impatience for wintry clothes during your third tri--by the time I was huge, which was around August, just the thought of a waistband was unbearable! Maybe I can plan my future pregnancies not to end in cold weather...

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home