This page has found a new home

Base Life: The First Week

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: Base Life: The First Week

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Base Life: The First Week

Here I am, Nsync Christmas album bumpin', goetta in the crockpot, ready to document our first week here at Scott. A cup of coffee would really set the mood, but we're out of beans and by all the wiggling I feel in my abdomen, something tells me the little naked boy inside my belly could do without. 

We started moving into our house a week ago (last Tuesday) and Will started work on Thursday. I thought that two days with his manly moving muscles would have been fine since we really don't have that much stuff, but of course, we spent those two days running errands around the base rather than really unpacking. We were pretty inefficient seeing as we had no idea what we were supposed to be doing or where we were supposed to be, but we managed to take care of IDs, the travel voucher for the move, health insurance, and a ton of other things I've already forgotten about. Selective amnesia.

Our house also didn't come with a washer and dryer, the first appliance you go to after a move (!!!), so we needed to take care of that right away. (Note that Will installed them himself and did a great job and officially holds his man card high above for all to see.) Also, our dining room table now seats two thankyouverymuch, three if you include the rocking chair that's still in our dining room. (And why wouldn't it count?) So things are really coming along here, furniture-wise.

On Sunday, we took the our drive out west to see my cousin and her family who live in Chesterfield. Her house is about an hour away, but it was really cool to drive through St. Louis and see the arch and baseball stadium for the first time!

Cell phone shot as we sped by. Classy like.

We've been keeping the dogs in our laundry room/mudroom that is off from the garage and leads out to the backyard to keep them out of trouble while we're out of the house. It's been working out great! They have plenty of space in there, it's warm, and there is no carpet for them to devour. Perfection.

Don't let those sweet eyes fool you.

Will is loving work. He's the proverbial new guy, so he's working in a million different subject areas, and seeing as the former nerdy gunner law school gal still lives inside of me and makes her residence known every so often, I am more than slightly jealous. His office is less than ten minutes away (six minutes if there is no line at the gate and you hit every light!), but he leaves around 7 AM every day. If I need the car for running errands, I will either drop him off at work (like today) or he will come home for lunch and I will drop him off after, so I can snooze an extra hour or two. When Will is working, I generally just take care of the dogs (I'm their favorite again now!), cook (a lot!), clean, run errands (e.g., dogs to the base vet, commissary runs, etc.), and continue to unpack. We got cable installed yesterday, so maybe there was an episode of A Baby Story (or, maybe two) and subsequent bawling this morning.

We are slowly settling into the routine we'll have for the next couple months before the baby arrives when everything will be turned upside down with Will being in Alabama on top of, oh, you know, a BABY being in the house, outside of my person and all. But it's nice to have things slow down a bit before Christmas.

Finally, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention it's mine and Will's 7th dating anniversary. No, we really don't celebrate it anymore since we've been married, but that's basically almost a decade. We like rounding up. I love you, Will!

Oldest random photo of the two of us I could find on this computer.

Until I found this one of the two of us in Paris. 
Gotta love Photobooth. Au revoir!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home