This page has found a new home

Social Media, a Sad Conclusion to the Sitter Saga, & Puffs How I Love Thee (7QT)

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin The Brez Blog: Social Media, a Sad Conclusion to the Sitter Saga, & Puffs How I Love Thee (7QT)

Friday, August 22, 2014

Social Media, a Sad Conclusion to the Sitter Saga, & Puffs How I Love Thee (7QT)

Linking up with the one and only Jen Fulwiler this morning.

1 - I finally created a Facebook page for the blog when I realized that they are actually a lot of fun. Last one to the party, I suppose.


Grace Patton, I would follow you to the moon and back. But probably not Facebook. Ok, yes to Facebook if it is my only means of entering your giveaway. (I have shame. I admit it.)

Facebook generally makes my blood pressure rise. But I started following the Facebook pages of a few choice blogs that I love and I realized that they are posting other stuff on there. It's like unlocking the secret song on your favorite band's album. More! More! We want more!

And I realize for some people it's generally easier to comment over on Facebook. And I love getting comments with unsolicited (and solicited) parenting advice. (I am not being tongue-in-cheek. Please gift me your wisdom.) So I'm joining in and I hope you'll participate. 

2 - Another shameless plea for Internet friends. I'm also trying to get into Twitter. It's a little bit harder for me to wade through the riff-raff. It seems the only accounts that follow me are like the "RETWEET/FOLLOW/FOLLOW BACK" spammy accounts (all CATHOLIC spam accounts, I might add), so I'm not sure how long I can hang on. But if Lauren and Amanda keep tweeting, I'll keep trying.  

3 - Ok. To conclude the sitter saga (parts 1 and 2), I had to call it quits with the sitter because every time she came over, Will became a raging lunatic. Loud screaming, lots of tears, vibrato cries. It was too much for my heart to bear. I felt horrible: (a) that Will was crying and (b) about leaving our sweet sitter to deal with it.

And this came as a huge shock to me. I really didn't even think Will liked me that much. At best, I imagined he was indifferent toward his mother creature. His life has always seemed preoccupied with one of two goals - putting his mouth on everything and/or putting everything in his mouth. So there's that silver lining that I guess he likes me after all!



I really upped my selfie game with this series of photos.

I know it's just a separation anxiety phase, so I fully intend to give it another go with the sitter in a few weeks. 

We will give those photos the honor of occupying takes 4-6 and get this show on the road.

7 - PUFFS. Puffs will get us through this phase. Will is finally old enough to gnaw on them, and they keep him perfectly content and occupied, so that I can bang out a blog post (hint hint) or empty the dishwasher. And I basically feel like it's feeding him air, so no worries that he will fill up on them and reject the boob. He likes doing that lately. We have a ton of road trips coming up and I am so excited to have a clean snack that I can give him when he gets tired of the car seat. Praaaaise be for puffs, ya'll!

Have the best of Fridays.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At August 22, 2014 at 11:55 AM , Blogger Ellen Johnson said...

Yay, another friend to follow on facebook! But I can't help ya with twitter. I know my limits, I'm too much of an old lady for twitter.

 
At August 22, 2014 at 12:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Puffs save our lives on the daily around here. They are glorious, glorious things. They are also a perfect bribe do new anything

 
At August 22, 2014 at 12:35 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Do new? I hate commenting using my phone. They are the perfect bribe for pretty much anything

 
At August 22, 2014 at 12:38 PM , Blogger Anne B. said...

Puffs for life!

 
At August 22, 2014 at 1:58 PM , Blogger Rosie said...

Do you have awesome toys that you can hide and only bring out when the sitter comes? That's how I used to make things a little easier - like, the kids got to play with play dough or bubbles as soon as the sitter was over and they were all, "BYE MOM SEE YOU LATER!" Proooobably wouldn't work with a baby that young, but maybe a really obnoxious noisy toy that you can't stand that he only gets when the sitter is around? Hopefully in a while he'll be ready for you to have a little break!

 
At August 22, 2014 at 2:43 PM , Blogger Jenny @ Creatively Blooming said...

Evelyn is going through the separation anxiety stage now too. Either that, or she's just crazy scared that the two "big" kids in the house are going to mow her over if I put her on the floor.

Way to go, Will! He's a fast learner with the puffs!

 
At August 22, 2014 at 4:26 PM , Blogger Caitlin said...

Ahh, I'm sorry it didn't work out with sitter (yet, at least.) But at least you know you're appreciated :)

 
At August 22, 2014 at 9:17 PM , Blogger RAnn said...

Chances are very good that once you were a block away he'd settle down.

 
At August 23, 2014 at 1:01 PM , Blogger Kate @ Daffodils said...

Sorry about the sitter :/ (and for clogging up your inbox with emails and comments...really could have consolidated..) try mum-mums for the road trips too, they last a little longer but have the same air like quality

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; they truly make my day! I typically respond by email, but if your email is not linked to your account, check back here for a reply.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home